This is the mtDNA report of Catalina Ponce that was prepared by Crispin Rendon and it contains eight generations of her female descendants. Catalina Ponce is my 9th great grandmother through my maternal side. She lived in the late 1600’s and was Married to Melchor Reyes. Back in 2012 Crispin had already published a female descendant report on Catalina Ponce but no one had tested their DNA. As you will see the report is based on my mtDNA results and those of Maria Hilaria Imelda Gonzlaez, a direct female descendant of hers.
Below I included a portion of the introduction page so that you can get a first hand account from Crispin Rendon about this particular DNA report.
Here is what Crispin has to say about the report:
Catalina Ponce is my 8th great grandmother. We have 18,295 descendants in our kindred group database for her. We have mtDNA test results and family tree data from two people Maria Hilaria Imelda GONZALEZ and Moises GARZA who are related to each other as 9th cousins 2 times removed. Their common mtDNA ancestor is Francisca REYES. Maria Hilaria Imelda Gonzalez descends from Maria BENAVIDES and Moises GARZA descends from Maria Isabel BAEZ BENAVIDES. The two lineages are highlighted below to help you follow the lineages from generation to generation. Here are their mtDNA test results. .
Haplogroup and mtDNA for Catalina Ponce
Haplogroup – D1
HVR1 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS: A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, G16230A, T16278C, C16311T, T16325C, T16362C
HVR2 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS: C146T, C195T, T196C, A247G, 309.1C, 315.1C, T489C, 522.1A, 522.2C
CODING REGION DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS: A769G, A825T, A1018G, C2092T, A2758G, C2885T, G3010A, T3594C, G4104A, T4312C, C4883T, C5178A, G7146A, T7256C, A7521G, C8414T, T8468C, T8655C, T8843C, C10400T, T10664C, A10688G, C10810T, C10915T, A11914G, G13105A, G13276A, T13506C, T13650C, A13722G, C14668T, T14783C, G15043A, G15301A
Missing Mutations: C152T
Extra Mutations: T196C, 309.1C, 315.1C, 522.1A, 522.2C, T8843C, A13722G
Get your own copy
Make sure to get your own copy since you never know. One day she may end up being your ancestor or someone you are doing research for.
Here is the link to download it: http://home.earthlink.net/~crisrendon/CatalinaPonceMtDNA.pdf
I went ahead and already added this report to the We Are Cousins DNA Project were you can find additional reports and or join the project or volunteer to help.
37th ANNUAL TEXAS STATE HISPANIC GENEALOGICAL AND HISTORICAL CONFERENCE
The We Are Cousins DNA Project
Don’t forget to download your very own copy of this report. Also if Catalina Ponce is your ancestor let me know.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017