This is the mtDNA report of Catalina Ponce that was prepared by Crispin Rendon and it contains eight generations of her female descendants. Catalina Ponce is my 9th great grandmother through my maternal side. She lived in the late 1600’s and was Married to Melchor Reyes. Back in 2012 Crispin had already published a female descendant report on Catalina Ponce but no one had tested their DNA. As you will see the report is based on my mtDNA results and those of Maria Hilaria Imelda Gonzlaez, a direct female descendant of hers.
Below I included a portion of the introduction page so that you can get a first hand account from Crispin Rendon about this particular DNA report.
Here is what Crispin has to say about the report:
Catalina Ponce is my 8th great grandmother. We have 18,295 descendants in our kindred group database for her. We have mtDNA test results and family tree data from two people Maria Hilaria Imelda GONZALEZ and Moises GARZA who are related to each other as 9th cousins 2 times removed. Their common mtDNA ancestor is Francisca REYES. Maria Hilaria Imelda Gonzalez descends from Maria BENAVIDES and Moises GARZA descends from Maria Isabel BAEZ BENAVIDES. The two lineages are highlighted below to help you follow the lineages from generation to generation. Here are their mtDNA test results. .
Haplogroup and mtDNA for Catalina Ponce
Haplogroup – D1
HVR1 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS: A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, G16230A, T16278C, C16311T, T16325C, T16362C
HVR2 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS: C146T, C195T, T196C, A247G, 309.1C, 315.1C, T489C, 522.1A, 522.2C
CODING REGION DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS: A769G, A825T, A1018G, C2092T, A2758G, C2885T, G3010A, T3594C, G4104A, T4312C, C4883T, C5178A, G7146A, T7256C, A7521G, C8414T, T8468C, T8655C, T8843C, C10400T, T10664C, A10688G, C10810T, C10915T, A11914G, G13105A, G13276A, T13506C, T13650C, A13722G, C14668T, T14783C, G15043A, G15301A
Missing Mutations: C152T
Extra Mutations: T196C, 309.1C, 315.1C, 522.1A, 522.2C, T8843C, A13722G
Get your own copy
Make sure to get your own copy since you never know. One day she may end up being your ancestor or someone you are doing research for.
Here is the link to download it: http://home.earthlink.net/~crisrendon/CatalinaPonceMtDNA.pdf
I went ahead and already added this report to the We Are Cousins DNA Project were you can find additional reports and or join the project or volunteer to help.
37th ANNUAL TEXAS STATE HISPANIC GENEALOGICAL AND HISTORICAL CONFERENCE
The We Are Cousins DNA Project
Don’t forget to download your very own copy of this report. Also if Catalina Ponce is your ancestor let me know.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017