Here is everything that you need to know about the upcoming 37th Hispanic Genealogical and Historical Conference that will be held this year in Corpus Christi Texas.
This year’s conference will be hosted by the Spanish American Genealogical Society (SAGA). It will be held from October the 6th through the 8th at the Holiday Inn Marina Hotel.
If you have never attended one of this conferences make sure to attend one. I have attended for the past two years. The one in McAllen and Laredo blew my mind. I had a ton of fun on both conferences. I also got to make new friends and meet many people. Hopefully I get to take more pictures to share with everyone. Well here is all you need to know about the conference so that you can start planning early. I got my room over a month ago and also sent in my registration already.
Hotel and Room Information
The hotel is located on 707 N Shoreline in Corpus Christi. Their phone number is (361) 882-1700.
Their room rates are $105 for king size bed and or $125 for a room with double beds. Their parking will be $5.00 per day. Don’t forget to mention that you are attending the conference in order for you to get the special rate. There will be a shuttle to and form the Corpus Christi International Airport for those of you flying in to town.
Conference Registration Information
Make sure to send in your conference registration before August the 31, 206 in order to get in at $75.00. After that date the late registration kicks in at $90.00 per person. Just be aware that these fees are non refundable so make sure you are going.
Thursday (Oct 6):
12-4 – Optional Corpus Christi Historical/Social Tour
12-4 – Vendor Setup
4:15 – 5:45 – Round Table Honoring Dr. Clotilde P. Garcia
7 – 9 – President’s Reception (FREE)
Friday (Oct 7) and Sat (Oct 8):
Workshops 8 Am – 11:30 AM and 1 PM to 5 PM (Lunch is on your own)
Friday Evening (Oct 7) Artwalk Celebration Downtown (FREE)
Saturday (Oct 8) 7:30 – 9:30 BAnquet
SAGA already posted a partial list of speakers and also of proposed topics for presentations. I will be presenting “Mexican Genealogy Resources Online” and will also be doing a joint presentation with Crispin Rendon about the We Are Cousins DNA Project.
Here is the link to the partial speaker list: http://www.sagacorpuschristi.com/conference-speakers
If you are a vendor tables are going for $35.00 each. FYI, I will be a vendor and already got my table. So if you are interested in meeting me or buying any of my books look for me at the vendor section. Vendors are to set up on Thursday form 12-5 PM.
Irma Caballero is in charge of vendors and if you have any questions you can contact her at (361) 549-6720 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Additional Questions
If you have questions about anything make sure to contact Sara Flores at (361) 993-1922 or Ana Alvarado at (361) 336-3053. If you prefer email you cna contact SAGA at email@example.com
Also here is the link to their website: http://www.sagacorpuschristi.com/2016-tx-state-conf
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017