The Las Villas del Norte 2020 Journal is out and ready for you to enjoy. This blog post gives a short overview and includes the table of contents so that you can see what to expect when you get your own copy.
I had the honor of editing many great articles and putting the journal together. Some are just fascinating to read.
Like our previous journals, it contains a great deal and wealth of genealogical information on families from South Texas and Northeastern Mexico.
Down below you can see the table of contents to get a true scope of the articles and what you can expect when you read our journal.
I am sure that this journal will be a great addition to your genealogical library.
A Big Thank You!
I want to thank Alicia Cantu Garza O’Neal, Aliza Martinez Lee, Alma P. Rodriguez, Beatrice de Leon Edwards, Jaime Vasquez, Maria Irma Salinas Gonzalez de Saldaña, Maria Eugenia Trillo, Mercedes Marquesa, Michelle Hinojosa Melencio, Moises Garza, and Yolanda Katherine Lopez Parker. Once again, thank you for submitting your articles and making this, our third journal, a reality.
By the way your free printed copies are on their way, as a small thank you of our appreciation, for taking the time to document your family and preserve it in our journal.
Best Way to Get a Copy
The best and fastest way to get a copy of the journal is to become a member of Las Villas del Norte. New members get it on their welcome email and existing members will get it once they renew their memberships this year..
If you are not a member yet of Las Villas del Norte you can become one here: http://www.lasvillasdelnorte.com/become-a-member/
We have three different membership plans to fit any budget.
Did I mention this? You will also get access to our previous journals, our video presentation archives, how to videos, past newsletters, and much much more.
Also if you are not a member, make sure to look at the very bottom of this page for the other two ways that you can get a hold of this journal.
Cover of Journal: Las Villas del Norte 2020 Journal
$39.99 New Buy Now
Table of Contents:
Here is the table of contents of this book so that you may know exactly what it contains.
Introduction Pg. 1
- Descendants of Domingo Mireles and Rosa Maria Ramos – by Aliza Martinez Lee Pg. 5
Articles for Research
- Guerrero (Revilla), Tamaulipas Baptisms 1751 to 1771 – by Moises Garza Pg. 21
- “Los Mormalejos El Baile Cordova, Vol. 3” - by Alma Rodriguez Pg. 55
- Traditions, Rituals and Sacred Memories – by Mercedes Marquesa Pg. 67
- Abuelita no me Mintio / My Grandmother did not Lie to Me – Maria Eugenia Trillo Pg. 77
- My Maternal Grandfather’s Gonzalez Ancestors Abraham Gonzalez, Sr – by Maria Irma
Salinas Saldaña Pg. 81
- Tlaxcalan Colonizers of Northern New Spain – by Beatrice de Leon Edwards Pg. 93
Journeys of Discovery
- My Journey to Floresville, Somerset, Paso de las Garza’s, Von Ormy, Texas First
Families – Alicia Cantu Garza O’Neal Pg. 123
- The Journal of Juan Crisantes Hinojosa - by Michelle Hinojosa Melecio Pg. 151
- Juan Vargas and Perfecta de la Cruz Vargas – by Yolanda Katherine Lopez
Parker Pg. 161
- Ancestry of Yolanda Lopez Parker to Alamo Defender Juan Vargas – by Yolanda
Katherine Lopez Parker Pg. 177
Setting it Straight
- The Quest for Leonor de Ayala’s Ancestry – Jaime Vasquez II Pg. 181
Get Your Copy of This Journal:
There are three ways you can get a copy of this journal:
- From Amazon.com BUY NOW you get the printed version.
- Trade an unused genealogy book for a printed copy of our journal. Leave a comment below to get More Details.
- Join Las Villas del Norte, our memberships start at $69.95 yearly. JOIN NOW
Read More About our Other Journals
Here are the links to them. Remember is you become a member of Las Villas del Norte you get online access to all these journals. That's a great bargain!
- Las Villas del Norte 2016 Journal
- Las Villas del Norte 2017 Journal
- Las Villas del Norte 2018 Journal
- Las Villas del Norte 2019 Journal
- Las Villas del Norte 2020 Journal
Please let me know in the comment area of what you think about this journal.