This is the August 12, 1704 death record of Manuel Perez de Oropeza, my 8th great-grandfather, who died in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
As the record indicates, Manuel was married to Maria de Trevino. She was the daughter of Alonso de Treviño and Maria Mayor de Renteria.
I have yet to find out whom his parents were.
I am a descendant of his through his daughter Maria Oropeza who married Joseph Villarreal the son of Bernabe Villarreal and Isabel de la Garza.
Below is the transcript of the above marriage record. I wonder what he died form since it says that he died suddenly.
En dose de Agosto de el año de sstos. y quatro seenterro en la Capilla de S. Fran
Xavier a Manuel de oropesa Con vigilia y misa de cuerpo preste, marido
que fue de Maria treviño no resivio los sacramtos, por aver muerto
de repente y por que Conste lo firme.
View Original at FamilySearch
If he is also one of your ancestors please let me know how you are related to him in the comments of this blog post.
Other Related Articles
- Crispin Rendon, Crispin D. Rendon - Ancestor Book for Clarissa Iris Perez (3430 Bahia Place, Riverside, CA 92507, Self Published, April 10, 2015), Personal Archives of Moises Garza, Pg. 78.
- "México, Nuevo León, registros parroquiales, 1667-1981," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-YS2S-9F8?cc=1473204&wc=3PML-92S%3A45389701%2C45389702%2C46366701 : 21 May 2014), Monterrey > Catedral > Defunciones 1668-1752 > image 77 of 368; Parroquias de la Iglesia Católica, Nuevo León (Catholic Church parishes, Nuevo León).
Interesting note on the spelling of Manuel de Oropeza’s last name in his death record ” Oropvia” Notice how the writer makes his “v” like a “u”. We know that this should be Oropeza. Just an interesting note on my part.
I am descended from Manuel through the following Olivares:
+Mateo Olivares (son of Pedro Regalado Olivares and Maria Munguia) was born Abt. 1735 in Monterrey Nuevo Leon Mexico, and died 13 Jan 1767 Camargo, Mexico. He married Maria Quiteria Villarreal on Abt. 1754, daughter of Juan Antonio Villarreal Garcia Oropeza and Maria Catarina Hinojosa. After Mateo died Quiteria married 2nd Francisco Xavier Salinas. Maria Quiteria VILLARREAL, born 1738 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico; died 3 March 1804 in Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. She is buried in Matamoros, Tamps., Mexico. [Note: Per Matteo Olivares’ Will 24 December 1766 (Listed in “Los Protocolos de La villa de Nuestra Senora de Santa Anna de Camargo. 1762 -1809” by Prof. Victor M. Saenz Ramirez) He names the following children.]
( goes to Villareal Genealogy)
Children of Mateo Olivares and Quiteria Villarreal are:
1. *+Jose Luis Olivares, b. Abt. 1756, D: 4 MAY 1814, Camargo, Tamp, Mex. M.: 31 OCT 1788 Ma. Josepha Chapa Lopez
2. Rosalia (Rosa Maria) Olivares, b. Abt. 1766, d. date unknown. M. Juan de Dios Villareal
3. Maria Francisca Olivares, b. Abt. 1762, d. 21 Oct 1779, Cerralvo, Mexico.
4. Maria Gertrudis Olivares, b. Abt. 1764, d. date unknown.
5. Maria Josepha Olivares, b. Abt. 1765, d. date unknown.
Mateo Olivares & Ma. Quiteria Villareral are listed in the Camargo Census of July 13 1757 by Don Jose Tienda de Cuervo.
“32. Mateo de Olivares, casado con Maria Quiteria, tiene un hijo y tres caballos, sin armas.”
Quiteria Villarreal de Olivares widow got Portion #18 of the Spanish land grants after Matteo Olivares died. She sold said property to Don Juan de La Cruz Estrada in 1802 for 50 pesos. Her daughter Rosa Maria Olivares affirmed the sale on April 4, 1807. Quiteria had died in 1804. (Los Protocolos de La Villa de Nuestra Senora de Santa Anna de Camargo 1762-1809, #139 pg. 378 by Prof. Victor M. Saenz Ramirez.)
Very true prima. Thank you for sharing with us.