Yesterday Crispin Rendon emailed out his Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report. I am sharing it with you since I think this report is very important for all of the We Are Cousins Community and for the genealogy of South Texas and Northeastern Mexico. Here is Crispin’s email in it’s entirety.
Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report
Annual database growth continues to slow. The kindred group database has grown to over 447,000 records, up 35,000 records from the year 2016. Most of the new records come from the research required to produce the Families, of Nuevo Leon series. Some database records came from family trees submitted in return for ancestor reports. I very much enjoy creating them. Thanks to all of you that referred your friends. Those reports ranged in size from a 3 generation report to a 18 generation 408 page book. The number of ancestor reports/books grew from 78 in 2013 to 129 in 2014 to 141 in 2015 to 154 in 2016 and to 225 in 2017. Some ancestor books were converted from English into Spanish.
The Annual Kindred Group mtDNA Report, posted in April, expanded and with interest should continue to do so. There is more funding than needed candidates. A new report will be out this coming April. As you probably know I do this research because I enjoy it not for money. Some un-named people sent me unsolicited money again this year. Those funds were use for mtDNA and Y-DNA testing. There are more funds in a Kiva account for when the need arrives. Until then, much of those funds are helping Mexican businesswomen obtain loans.
Monthly Free online ebooks in 2017 at times exceeded the website monthly traffic limit. Older volumes were removed and that will continue to allow for new books.
January: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon,Volume 1
February: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon,Volume 2
March: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon,Volume 3
April: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon,Volume 4
May: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Volume 5
June: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon Volume 6
July: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon Volume 7
August: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon Volume 8
September: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon Volume 9
October: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon Volume 10
November: Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Volume 11
December: Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Volume 1
The We Are Cousins DNA project has grown to 729 members. If you have already tested either YDNA or MtDNA with FamilyTreeDNA please consider joining. This project is for anyone in our kindred group with ancestors from the Mexican States of Coahuila, Nuevo Leon or Tamaulipas. It is free and easy to join if you can remember you Kit number and password. His is a link to the site. To join, click on the red button.
We Are Cousins DNA Project
Thank you all for your support.
I hope that you found Crispins email as informative as I have. If you have tested your YDNA and mtDNA make sure to join the We Are Cousins DNA Project.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017