Recently while researching the role of our Spanish Ancestors and their possible contribution to the American Revolution I came across this short essay titled “The Vital Contribution of Texas in the Winning of the American Revolution”. I had not thought about sharing it until I received an email from Christine Martinez with this PDF document attached. I though that it would be a good idea if I in turn shared it with everyone else.
This short essay written by Robert H. Thonhoff is very interesting and will surely get your attention and give you a rapid overview of Northeastern New Spain back during the American Revolution. You will learn about the cattle drives and also about the settlements that were in Texas about that time. This can also provide you with clues as to what localities to search for your ancestors in the future.
Most importantly you will learn about Spain’s role in the american revolution and the major part that it played in defeating the British.
I hope that you enjoy this essay as much as I did.
You can view and download it here:
Let me know about your opinions or of something you learned about our history on Facebook or in the comment section of this post.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017