Recently while researching the role of our Spanish Ancestors and their possible contribution to the American Revolution I came across this short essay titled “The Vital Contribution of Texas in the Winning of the American Revolution”. I had not thought about sharing it until I received an email from Christine Martinez with this PDF document attached. I though that it would be a good idea if I in turn shared it with everyone else.
This short essay written by Robert H. Thonhoff is very interesting and will surely get your attention and give you a rapid overview of Northeastern New Spain back during the American Revolution. You will learn about the cattle drives and also about the settlements that were in Texas about that time. This can also provide you with clues as to what localities to search for your ancestors in the future.
Most importantly you will learn about Spain’s role in the american revolution and the major part that it played in defeating the British.
I hope that you enjoy this essay as much as I did.
You can view and download it here:
Let me know about your opinions or of something you learned about our history on Facebook or in the comment section of this post.
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017