Recently while researching the role of our Spanish Ancestors and their possible contribution to the American Revolution I came across this short essay titled “The Vital Contribution of Texas in the Winning of the American Revolution”. I had not thought about sharing it until I received an email from Christine Martinez with this PDF document attached. I though that it would be a good idea if I in turn shared it with everyone else.
This short essay written by Robert H. Thonhoff is very interesting and will surely get your attention and give you a rapid overview of Northeastern New Spain back during the American Revolution. You will learn about the cattle drives and also about the settlements that were in Texas about that time. This can also provide you with clues as to what localities to search for your ancestors in the future.
Most importantly you will learn about Spain’s role in the american revolution and the major part that it played in defeating the British.
I hope that you enjoy this essay as much as I did.
You can view and download it here:
Let me know about your opinions or of something you learned about our history on Facebook or in the comment section of this post.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017