I feel very lucky and grateful that I got started in this journey many years ago. I am amazed at the love that the WeAreCousins community showed me at the conference in Austin. I printed 90 WAC tags and guess what, they were all gone by early morning on Friday.
We also took a group photo and I will post that photo soon. Unfortunately, not all members of WAC that were in attendance participated since it was a last minute decision, by some of our members, to have a group photo.
I also want to take the time to thank Julia Lopez whom invited me to be a speaker. I was fortunate that I was able to make two presentations “DNA Testing for Genealogy” and “Bringing the Community Together: The Benefits of Social Media and Why You Should be Using It”. It was also an honor to be included in the Pannel Discusison with Dr. Tijerina, Anthony Delgado, and Dr. Crimm. Sylvia stern did an excellent job in moderating the discussions.
Here are some photos taken by Rene Renteria Photography
If you attended the conference and took photos please email them to me. I want to put them all together on our blog on permanent gallery for all of our cousins to enjoy. So for right now here are some photos that Rene took.
Thank you Rene for these amazing photos. You can check Rene’s work here.
When I attended my first conference I never thought that I would end up as a speaker one day. I remember that it was back in 2014 and it was in McAllen and fell in love with all the presentations that I attended. I made it a point to attend the 2015 conference in Laredo which was awesome since I meet more cousins. Then the 2016 conference was in Corpus Christi helped me make and build more relationships, and this past one was in Austin and meet a ton of new cousins from the WeAreCosuins Facebook Group.
On all of these conferences the best part to me, is talking and meeting so many cousins. If you have never attended one, make sure to start making your plans early since this past conference got sold out. After you attend for the first time you will be hooked. FYI, the next one will be in San Antonio and will be hosted by the Bexarenos Genealogical Society.
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017