Just wanted to make sure that you are aware of a great resource for the State of Tamaulipas. It is dictionary of biographies about notable people of Tamaulipas. The authors of this book “Diccionario Biografico de Tamaulipas” are Juan Fidel Zorrilla and Carlos Gonzalez Salas. It was printed back in 1984 in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
Unfortunately it does not contain much genealogical information but some biographies do mention whom their parents were but it is great to help you piece your ancestors life’s. That is if they are mentioned within the pages of this book.
The main object of the writers was to include whomever in any generated activities have contributed or participated in the historic, economic, social, political, and cultural development of Tamaulipas. They not only mention people whom were born in Tamaulipas but many other persons that somehow have meant something to Tamaulipas.
Here is a sample of what you can expect to find:
DE LA GARZA FALCON, BLAS MARIA – Capitan fundador de la villa de Camargo establecida e1 5 de marzo, de 1749. Gozaba de quinientos; pesos anuales de sueldo, estaban a su mando doce plazas de la Real Escuadra y tenia ciento tres sirvientes. Contaba con ganado caballar y asnal. (E.G.D.L.F … , T. II, p. 388 ).
Cover of Book Diccionario Biografico de Tamaulipas:
This book will be rare to find since only 2000 copies where printed but you can always look for a copy at Worldcat.org to see if a local library carries it.
UTPA has a copy:
Yes the university of Texas Pan American has a copy of this book. You can see it’s availability here.
Hope that you find this resource useful and or you are able to find your ancestors in this book. Let me know about your findings.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017