If you are a descendant of Alonso de Leon then you are in for a treat. Guillermo Garmendia Leal made a study that he named “Los Descendientes de Alonso de Leon” which is actually a complete study about the Founders of Cadereyta.
In the first chapter he shows his ten daughters and sons as well as their ancestors and in the second chapter he writes about the descendants up to the 6th generation reaching up to the 1760’s. He mentions that he stopped at that year since after that the baptism records are available in Monterrey. Now days they are available at FamilySearch.org.
He also mentions that no books are available before that time and that between 1750 and 1760 the great exodus of Cadereyta begins to populate Tamaulipas and Texas. He does mention that some lines do reach up to 15 generations but that they are his wife’s own personal family lines up to 1992.
Alonso de Leon is my 10th great grandfather and I am one of his descendants through his Son Alonso de Leon and Antonio Leal de Leon.
Image of partial cover of book”Alonso de Leon Sus Descendientes”:
This book is great since it also includes a timeline of his life. If interested you can see his marriage record here: The 1635 Marriage of Alonzo de Leon and Josefa Gonzalez in Huichapan, Hidalgo, Mexico
You might also be interested in a book that he wrote about the History of Nuevo Leon. You can check that out here: Historia de Nuevo Leon Con Noticias Sobre Coahuila, Tejas, y Nuevo Mexico
Where to get a copy of Alonso de Leon Sus Descendientes:
- UTPA – University of Texas Pan American (View Availability)
- WorldCat.org – Find book in a library near you. Check Now.
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017