I am writing this post to just make you aware of J.T. Canales and the 1919 Texas Ranger Investigation. The story is a four part series by Tony Bill and was published on the website alice24-7.com. The four articles are very interesting, intriguing, and full of local history all the way from Matamoros, Ciudad Mier, to Austin, and all in between. Details cover most of South Texas and it is a great read that every South Texan should read.
I had never heard about Jose Tomas Canales until a few weeks ago when someone just left a comment that said “J.T. Canales Texas Ranger Investigation”. I looked for the message to credit them but could not locate it. If it was you thank you.
Portrait of J. T. Canales:
Here are the four Articles located at alice24-7.com:
By the way these four articles also contain some information about genealogy and also land grants. They are minor mentions but I thought that it was important to mention it.
I hope that you enjoy reading a these articles that are but a tiny piece of our local history and our heritage. I really liked reading them, let me know what you think about them.
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017