I am writing this post to just make you aware of J.T. Canales and the 1919 Texas Ranger Investigation. The story is a four part series by Tony Bill and was published on the website alice24-7.com. The four articles are very interesting, intriguing, and full of local history all the way from Matamoros, Ciudad Mier, to Austin, and all in between. Details cover most of South Texas and it is a great read that every South Texan should read.
I had never heard about Jose Tomas Canales until a few weeks ago when someone just left a comment that said “J.T. Canales Texas Ranger Investigation”. I looked for the message to credit them but could not locate it. If it was you thank you.
Portrait of J. T. Canales:
Here are the four Articles located at alice24-7.com:
By the way these four articles also contain some information about genealogy and also land grants. They are minor mentions but I thought that it was important to mention it.
I hope that you enjoy reading a these articles that are but a tiny piece of our local history and our heritage. I really liked reading them, let me know what you think about them.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1692 Marriage of Joseph Villarreal and Maria Oropeza in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 23, 2018
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017