On this day I wanted to take some time to thank all of our veterans and the sacrifice that they have done for our country. I have heard stories from veterans that have served our country and I know for a fact that those stories have helped me shape my view points for the better. To understand that liberty and freedom is worth fighting for no matter the cost.
I know that almost everyone has or knows a family member that is a veteran. Please take the time today to thank them for their service.
I specially wanted to take the time to thank our Hispanic/Mexican American veterans of World War II, of whom not many are left, for paving the way for us. It is due to these men that U.S. Citizens of Mexican Ancestry can now enjoy the status of first class citizens.To learn more please watch PBS’s Latino Americans Episode 3 titled “War and Peace” I have included this video just bellow. Also if you have roots in the Rio Grande Valley or live in the RGV I highly recommend that you watch the video.
Latino Americans Episode 3 War and Peace
I hope that you enjoyed the video. If you would like to read about the history of veterans day you can do so here http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/vetdayhistory.asp
Once again if you are a veteran Thank You!
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017