On this day I wanted to take some time to thank all of our veterans and the sacrifice that they have done for our country. I have heard stories from veterans that have served our country and I know for a fact that those stories have helped me shape my view points for the better. To understand that liberty and freedom is worth fighting for no matter the cost.
I know that almost everyone has or knows a family member that is a veteran. Please take the time today to thank them for their service.
I specially wanted to take the time to thank our Hispanic/Mexican American veterans of World War II, of whom not many are left, for paving the way for us. It is due to these men that U.S. Citizens of Mexican Ancestry can now enjoy the status of first class citizens.To learn more please watch PBS’s Latino Americans Episode 3 titled “War and Peace” I have included this video just bellow. Also if you have roots in the Rio Grande Valley or live in the RGV I highly recommend that you watch the video.
Latino Americans Episode 3 War and Peace
I hope that you enjoyed the video. If you would like to read about the history of veterans day you can do so here http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/vetdayhistory.asp
Once again if you are a veteran Thank You!
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017