by Moises Garza

September 19, 2017

Last Names of Nuevo Leon

In July Anthony Garza published another book about Reynosa and it is titled “Censo de Reynosa 1890: Volume III Reynosa Collection (Volume 3)”. This census is huge since it covers Reynosa plus 138 of it’s rural communities. At first glance the book is kind of confusing so make sure to read the Introduction to quickly learn on how it is laid out.

Also a quick tip: The census is grouped by Sections and Ranches and all people are listed continually but you can still make out the couple followed by the children. It is also great that their place of birth, ages, and employment is provided.

i want to thank Anthony for providing me a free copy for our Las Villas del Norte Library.

Description by Anthony Garza:

This book is the transcription of the 1890 Reynosa Census and the third volume of the Reynosa Collection. It is a valuable genealogical resource since it is one of the last censuses taken before the 1930 Mexico Census. The census divided the jurisdiction of Reynosa into 18 sections. The first four sections covered the town of Reynosa which 25% of the population lived, and the remaining 75% of the population resided in the other 14 sections that covered 138 rural communities and ranches.

Cover of book ” Censo de Reynosa 1890: Volume III Reynosa Collection (Volume 3)”

Price: 29.99

Buy Book at Amazon

If you have roots to Reynosa I highly recommend that you get this book as well as the other books by Anthony.

Other Books by Anthony Garza

Matrimonios de Reynosa Años 1791-1912 – These are the first two volumes in the collection that Anthony is slowly publishing about Reynosa.

View The 2nd We Are Cousins Virtual Genealogy Conference

Recordings Available Until

November 30, 2021

About the author 

Moises Garza

I have doing my family genealogy since 1998. I am also the creator of this blog We Are Cousins, and the Mexican Genealogy blog. To always be up to date with both of these sites follow me on Facebook. To contact me or book me for a presentation, buy my books, and or learn more about me visit my personal website at www.moisesgarza.com.

Books to Help You Grow Your Family Tree

Other Posts That May Interest You

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Our Mailing list. Join 3,000+ Subscribers.

50 Websites for South Texas and Northeast Mexico Genealogy 2nd Edition

Join our mailing list to get emails about books, resources, and new blog post notifications. As a thank you you will get this eBook for FREE!