In July Anthony Garza published another book about Reynosa and it is titled “Censo de Reynosa 1890: Volume III Reynosa Collection (Volume 3)”. This census is huge since it covers Reynosa plus 138 of it’s rural communities. At first glance the book is kind of confusing so make sure to read the Introduction to quickly learn on how it is laid out.
Also a quick tip: The census is grouped by Sections and Ranches and all people are listed continually but you can still make out the couple followed by the children. It is also great that their place of birth, ages, and employment is provided.
i want to thank Anthony for providing me a free copy for our Las Villas del Norte Library.
Description by Anthony Garza:
This book is the transcription of the 1890 Reynosa Census and the third volume of the Reynosa Collection. It is a valuable genealogical resource since it is one of the last censuses taken before the 1930 Mexico Census. The census divided the jurisdiction of Reynosa into 18 sections. The first four sections covered the town of Reynosa which 25% of the population lived, and the remaining 75% of the population resided in the other 14 sections that covered 138 rural communities and ranches.
Cover of book ” Censo de Reynosa 1890: Volume III Reynosa Collection (Volume 3)”
If you have roots to Reynosa I highly recommend that you get this book as well as the other books by Anthony.
Other Books by Anthony Garza
Matrimonios de Reynosa Años 1791-1912 – These are the first two volumes in the collection that Anthony is slowly publishing about Reynosa.
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017