This is the marriage of my 8th great grandparents Clemente de la Garza Falcon and Josefa Catalina de la Garza whom got married in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico back in July 6, 1707. This document is very important and valuable since it mentions that there was a marriage dispensation due to them being related. As you will see this record does not mention their parents but fortunately for me I was able to locate an extraction of the marriage dispensation. I will share it next week on it’s own blog post. Turns out that the parents of Clemente are Sargento Mayor Francisco de la Garza and Doña Leonor de Renteria. The parents of Josefa are Francisco de La Garza and Gertrudis de Ochoa.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of marriage image:
Clemente de la Garza con Da. Josepha de la Garza Españoles =
En seis de Julio del año de mill setecientos y siete sas y se velaron a Clemnete de la Garza con Doña Josepha de la GArza aviendo prosedido las vanas a beinte y seis y abeinte y nuebe de Junio, y a dos de Julio Fueron dispensados de su Sa, [?] en segundo con quatro grado de sanguinidad, y en tercero grado en y gualdad, fueron testigos el Gl. Don Anto. Vallejo y el Gl. D. Granco. Baes Treviño y para que conste lo firme.
Geronimo Lopez Prieto
Children of Clemente Garza Falcon and Josefa Catalina Garza
The following list of children was researched by Crispin Rendon.
- Joseph Elias GARZA, christened 24 Jun 1708 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married (1) on 15 Jun 1738 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Josefa GONZALEZ HIDALGO, daughter of Capitan Marcos GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Maria Tomasa CANTU; (2) on 9 Jan 1741 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Antonia QUINTANILLA, daughter of Bartolome QUINTANILLA and Maria Francisca CANTU
- ii Joseph Francisco GARZA, christened 7 Jun 1710 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- iii Antonio Santiago GARZA, christened 12 Aug 1711 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. 318 iv Maria Ana Josefa GARZA, christened 29 Jan 1713 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 10 Dec 1805 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. She married (1) Diego HINOJOSA, born 25 Nov 1697 in Pueblo De Tlaxcala, Mexico; christened 8 Dec 1697 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 7 Sep 1734 in Linares, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan Diego HINOJOSA and Josefa GARZA; (2) on 29 Oct 1735 Jose Francisco Antonio GUERRA, christened 24 Mar 1708 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 20 Jan 1783 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, son of Capitan Antonio GUERRA and Antonia GARZA.
- “México, Nuevo León, registros parroquiales, 1667-1981,” database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159380-7109-50?cc=1473204 : accessed 19 May 2016), Monterrey > Catedral > Matrimonios 1667-1800 > image 78 of 732; Parroquias de la Iglesia Católica, Nuevo León (Catholic Church parishes, Nuevo León).
- Rendon, Crispin D. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” February 9, 2014 Pg. 132
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017