This is the marriage of my 7th great grandparents Juan Flores Valdez and Francisca Javiera Abrego who got married in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico back on February 3, 1704.
The parents of Juan are listed as Miguel Valdes and Margarita de Cepeda. The parents of Francisca Javiera are listed as captain Juan de Abrego and Thoedora Guaxardo.
It is also interesting to note that Francisca is mentioned in the margin but in the document, she is listed as Bernarda. I wonder if it is an error or if she would go by both names. Researchers are using Francisca as her name.
I am their descendant through their son Juan Valdez Abrego who married Ana Maria Sendeja Llanas the daughter of Captain Francisco Sendeja Llanas and Juliana Aguirre. If you are also related to them please let me know in the comments section of this post.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of marriage image:
Jun, Valdes y Franca. Xabiera de Abrego Espanoles Velados
En tres dias del mes de febrero, de setecinetos y quatro anos, en la villa del saltillo, abiendo procedido, informacion de libertad y solturas, y demas diligencias dispuestas por el sto. concilio tridentino, case a Jun. Baldes, hijo lexmo. de Miguel Valdes y de Margarita de Sepeda con Bernarda Xabiera de Abrego, hija lexma de el Cappn. Jun. de Abrego, y de Theodora Guaxdo. espanoles todos originarios y vecinos de esta villa los quales pretensos fueron dispensados por la sedes vacantes venerables Dean y cobildo, de los parentescos, en sgre. hallaban ligados que fueron tercero, con tercero, y tercero con quarto, ambos de consanguinidad, fueron sus padrinos, Francisco Lizondo, y Da. Rosa Lobo Guerrero, y tts al berlos casar, el Cappn Joseph Gonzalez Dn Joseph Lobo; y mas muchos presentes tts presentes y pa. qe. conste lo firme fecha ut supra. aviendo sidos dispensados por el Ilustmo. Fr. Dean y Cavildo Selevaran [?] el impedimiento de tercer grado en igualdad, y tercero con quarto de consangd.
Don. Yldehonso de Anda Altamirano
Children of Juan Flores Valdez and Francisca Javiera Abrego:
The following list of children was researched by Crispin Rendon.
- Nicolasa Valdez Abrego, christened 7 Nov 1706 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, died in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. She married on 3 May 1730 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico Esteban Pena, born in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico; died 3 Jan 1763 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, son of Capitan Esteban Pena and Maria Arispe.
- Joseph Miguel Flores Valdez, christened 10 Nov 1708 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. He married on 8 Jan 1736 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico Maria Lorenza Botello, born in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Joseph Botello Morales and Clara Garza.
- Cristobal Valdez, christened 8 May 1710 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. He married (1) on 5 Jul 1740 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico Isabel Lopez Berlanga, christened 15 Jul 1720 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, daughter of Mateo Lopez Berlanga and Antonia Flores; (2) on 30 Aug 1778 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico Maria Ines Lorente, christened 5 May 1757 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Manuel Lorente and Ana Maria Galindo.
- Pedro Manuel Valdez, christened 3 Apr 1712 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico.
- Juan Valdez Abrego. He married on 19 Sep 1730 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico Ana Maria Sendeja Llanas, daughter of Capitan Francisco Sendeja Llanas and Juliana Aguirre.
- Ana Maria Flores Valdez, christened 13 Jan 1714 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. She married on 30 Sep 1736 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico Joseph Miguel Gonzalez Paredes, christened 7 Oct 1714 in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, son of Lazaro Gonzalez Paredes and Marcelina Cardenas Pinillas.
- “México, Coahuila, registros parroquiales, 1627-1978,” Database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11764-146526-84?cc=1502401&wc=MKCQ-MNG:64891201,64891202,66824101 : accessed 25 June 2015), Saltillo > Sagrario Metropolitano > Matrimonios 1703-1757 > image 8 of 565; parroquias Católicas, Coahuila (Catholic Church parishes, Coahuila).
- Crispin D Rendon, Crispin D. Rendon – Ancestor Book for Moises Garza (3430 Bahia Place, Riverside, CA 92507, Crispin D Rendon, February 9, 2014), Personal Archives of Moises Garza, Pg. 77.
I don’t know. I am new to this. My great grandmother was Dolores Guajardo from Coahuila. I can’t even find her She was married to Felix DeAnda in 1800s. Perhaps you know something about them I had my DNA tested and found I’m part Sephardic Jew. I live in Texas. Carmen
They are not in my database but try to search for her in familysearch and also on the civil registration index at ancestry.com. Good luck.
I am related to priest Joseph Flores abrego he was the first priest in monclova, is my 4th grand uncle I think.
I’m 20% Jewish but I can’t find any papers that certify that they were Jews, I have research more the Flores because they were an important family in Coahuila and Texas and there’s more information about them. I just want to know where my Sephardic blood line comes from. If you have any info would help. Thanks.
Unfortunately I don’t have nay information on jewish. I do know we have jewish based on our DNA but other than that I have yet to find any records.
I forgot also Profesor José Maria Uranga is my relative. I live in TX and I want to teach my kids all their history.
They are my ancestors.
I finally found where we are related. Capitan Juan Flores de Valdez was my 6th great-grandfather as well. His son, His son, Joseph Valdez was my 5th great-grandfather. He married Lorensa Botello.
We are cousins. They’re my ancestors too
I am not sure if I am on the right track
My grandma was Minerva flores
San Antonio. Can you help out I
Live in San Antonio
I am supposed to be related. My grandmother
I am in San Antonio for now if you want to
Contact me. 6198501416. Teri Chapman
They are my ancestors. My family are descendants os Joseph Miguel Flores Valdez and María Lorenza Botello!!
Soy descendiente por linea directa de mi padre, del Capitán Juan Flores de Valdez y de Cepeda, y recién me entero que mis hijos por linea de su madre descienden de un hermano de este, el señor Ildefonso Valdés Cepeda, todos somos de la Ciudad de Saltillo
gracias por su comnetario y es un palcer conocerlo. Somos parientes lejanos.