This book is a genealogical treasure, it holds the Mier Padrones (Censuses) for 1820 to 1826 of the Parroquia of Ciudad Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico currently under the Dioceses of Matamoros Tamaulipas, Mexico. It is also the transcription of the digital images that you can find at FamilySearch.org under microfilm 1511692. The images transcribed in this book start on page 546 of this film and ends on page 696.
These images were originally photographed by R. Jimenes and A. Sanchez back in August 13, 1987 under a project by the Sociedad de Genealogia en Mexico.
I thought that it would only be proper to list the priests that originally compiled and wrote these Padrones and that we are so fortunate to have and enjoy their hard work in these present times.
- 1820 – Fr. Antonio del Alamo
1821 – Fr. Antonio del Alamo
1822 – Fr. Antonio del Alamo
1823 – Fr. Felipe de Jesus Cepeda – not listed
1824 – Fr. Felipe de Jesus Cepeda – not listed
1825 – Fr. Felipe de Jesus Cepeda – not listed
1826 – Fr. Felipe de Jesus Cepeda – not listed
As you can see 1823 to 1826 were not signed by the priest. I can only make an educated guess that it was Fr. Felipe de Jesus Cepeda since the handwriting matches the marriages of the same years.
Special thanks go to all the members of the We Are Cousins community. Especially to Blanca Rosales, Clementina Pederson, and Cathy Gutierrez Barraza, without them this book would have never been published.
Make sure and download your fee copy today and if you prefer to buy the physical book it is available through Amazon. You can find both links bellow the book cover image. Also bellow I have included the links to The Mier Church Padrones 1782 – 1795 and the The Mier Church Padrones 1796 – 1806.
Here it is the “The Mier Church Padrones (Censuses) 1820 – 1826”
Download Free PDF Version: https://app.box.com/s/6ar3gngoxitl1wosg1cbuyzn21iqgbn6
Buy the printed book for: $19.99
Other Mier Padron Book:
In case you have not gotten your copies of the first two books here are the links.
This is the final book, hope that you enjoy it and don’t forget to thank all the volunteers that made them possible.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017