This is the marriage dispensation extract, by Maria de La Luz Montejano Hilton, of my 8th great grandparents Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza Diaz whom got married in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico back in April 29,1694. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the marriage record. All I have ot go by is the extract of their marriage dispensation listed bellow. I have also yet to track down the original dispensation. The father of Diego was Diego de Hinojosa and Maria Cantu. The parents of Josepha were Pedro de la Garza and Ana Diaz Molina.
Cut out of Book:
Transcription of Dispensation Extract image:
Monterrey. N.L. Abril 29 de 1694. Exp. 43.- Dispensa de cuarto grado igual de consanguinidad.- Diego de Hinojosa, soltero de 24 años de edad, vecino del Real y Valle de las Salinas, hijo legítimo de Diego de Hinojosa, ya difunto y de María Canní. vecina de dicho real; con Josepha de la Garza, doncella de 15 años de edad, hija legítima del Alférez Pedro de la Garza y Ana Díaz, difunta. Declaración del pretenso: El Cap. Pedro de la Garza, y el Cap. Alonso de Treviño, vecmos antiguos de este Reino de León, fueron hermanos legítimos, y del Cap. Alonso de Treviño y Anastasia González, procedió Juliana de Treviño. y de olla y de Gerónimo Cantú. procedió la dicha María Cantú. mi madre, y del dicho Cap. Pedro de la Garza y de Inés Rodríguez, procedió el Cap. Pedro de la Garza, y de éste y de María de la Rocha, procedió el dicho Pedro de la Garza. padre do la pretensa. 14 fojas.
Sagrada Mitra de Guadalajara. Rollo 168357 OAH 2643 pt. 1. Matrimonios Hojas Sueltas. 1636-1707. 2 a Serie. 29 de abríl de 1694
Children of Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza Diaz
The following list of children was researched by Crispin Rendon.
- Jose Manuel HINOJOSA, born 1695 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 15 Feb 1778 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married Maria Ines CHAPA, daughter of Alferez Nicolas CHAPA and Ines BENAVIDES.
- Diego HINOJOSA, born 25 Nov 1697 in Pueblo De Tlaxcala, Mexico; christened 8 Dec 1697 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 7 Sep 1734 in Linares, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria Ana Josefa GARZA, christened 29 Jan 1713 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 10 Dec 1805 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Sargento Mayor Clemente GARZA FALCON and Josefa Catalina GARZA.
- Francisco HINOJOSA, born 1698 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 1765. He married on 9 May 1722 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Francisca LOPEZ JAEN, daughter of Miguel LOPEZ JAEN and Ana Josefa SANCHEZ.
- Jose Bernardo HINOJOSA, died 1775. He married Maria Nicolasa RENDON, born in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 12 Apr 1775 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Juan Jose HINOJOSA, born 1701; died 1776. He married Maria Antonia Ines BENAVIDES.
- Jose HINOJOSA, born 1703; died 1779. He married (1) Rita RODRIGUEZ, died 1740; (2) on 13 Feb 1741 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Rosa SANCHEZ ZAMORA.
- Ana HINOJOSA, born 1705; died 1777. She married Jose RODRIGUEZ BACA.
- Juan Crisostomo HINOJOSA, born 1707 in Mexico; died 1750 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married Grantee Margarita GONZALEZ OCHOA, born in Mexico; died 1 Dec 1773 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Margarita HINOJOSA, born 1713; died 1781. She married (1) Miguel Sanchez BENAVIDES; (2) Miguel SAENZ, christened 9 May 1682 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Domingo SAENZ and Maria BENAVIDES.
- Susana HINOJOSA, born 1715; died 1790. She married Antonio LOPEZ JAEN.
- Maria Catarina HINOJOSA, born 1717 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 26 Apr 1786 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. She married (1) in 1732 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Jose Antonio VILLARREAL, born about 1710 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 1750, son of Joseph VILLARREAL and Maria OROPEZA; (2) Jose Antonio OLIVARES.
- adopted Pedro Regalado HINOJOSA, born 1724 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico; died 6 Jul 1787 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married (1) on 20 Dec 1772 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico Francisca SALINAS, born 1743; died 5 Sep 1773 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Francisco Javier SALINAS and Maria Rosa LONGORIA; (2) Maria Catalina PENA, born 4 Jul 1731 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 4 Jul 1771 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Jose Jacinto PENA and Ana Maria GUAJARDO.
- Maria Gertrudis HINOJOSA. She married on 5 Oct 1740 in Boca de Leones, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Jose Miguel SAENZ, born 1721; died 30 Apr 1791 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, son of Diego SAENZ and Teodora GARCIA.
- Rendon, Crispin D. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” February 9, 2014 Pg.
- Montejano Hilton, Maria de la Luz, “Sagrada mitra de Guadalajara Antiguo Obispado de la Nueva Galicia” Mexico D.F. 1999. Pg 549 #2744
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017