This is the marriage dispensation extract, by Maria de La Luz Montejano Hilton, of my 8th great grandparents Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza Diaz whom got married in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico back in April 29,1694. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the marriage record. All I have ot go by is the extract of their marriage dispensation listed bellow. I have also yet to track down the original dispensation. The father of Diego was Diego de Hinojosa and Maria Cantu. The parents of Josepha were Pedro de la Garza and Ana Diaz Molina.
Cut out of Book:
Transcription of Dispensation Extract image:
Monterrey. N.L. Abril 29 de 1694. Exp. 43.- Dispensa de cuarto grado igual de consanguinidad.- Diego de Hinojosa, soltero de 24 años de edad, vecino del Real y Valle de las Salinas, hijo legítimo de Diego de Hinojosa, ya difunto y de María Canní. vecina de dicho real; con Josepha de la Garza, doncella de 15 años de edad, hija legítima del Alférez Pedro de la Garza y Ana Díaz, difunta. Declaración del pretenso: El Cap. Pedro de la Garza, y el Cap. Alonso de Treviño, vecmos antiguos de este Reino de León, fueron hermanos legítimos, y del Cap. Alonso de Treviño y Anastasia González, procedió Juliana de Treviño. y de olla y de Gerónimo Cantú. procedió la dicha María Cantú. mi madre, y del dicho Cap. Pedro de la Garza y de Inés Rodríguez, procedió el Cap. Pedro de la Garza, y de éste y de María de la Rocha, procedió el dicho Pedro de la Garza. padre do la pretensa. 14 fojas.
Sagrada Mitra de Guadalajara. Rollo 168357 OAH 2643 pt. 1. Matrimonios Hojas Sueltas. 1636-1707. 2 a Serie. 29 de abríl de 1694
Children of Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza Diaz
The following list of children was researched by Crispin Rendon.
- Jose Manuel HINOJOSA, born 1695 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 15 Feb 1778 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married Maria Ines CHAPA, daughter of Alferez Nicolas CHAPA and Ines BENAVIDES.
- Diego HINOJOSA, born 25 Nov 1697 in Pueblo De Tlaxcala, Mexico; christened 8 Dec 1697 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 7 Sep 1734 in Linares, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria Ana Josefa GARZA, christened 29 Jan 1713 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 10 Dec 1805 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Sargento Mayor Clemente GARZA FALCON and Josefa Catalina GARZA.
- Francisco HINOJOSA, born 1698 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 1765. He married on 9 May 1722 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Francisca LOPEZ JAEN, daughter of Miguel LOPEZ JAEN and Ana Josefa SANCHEZ.
- Jose Bernardo HINOJOSA, died 1775. He married Maria Nicolasa RENDON, born in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 12 Apr 1775 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Juan Jose HINOJOSA, born 1701; died 1776. He married Maria Antonia Ines BENAVIDES.
- Jose HINOJOSA, born 1703; died 1779. He married (1) Rita RODRIGUEZ, died 1740; (2) on 13 Feb 1741 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Rosa SANCHEZ ZAMORA.
- Ana HINOJOSA, born 1705; died 1777. She married Jose RODRIGUEZ BACA.
- Juan Crisostomo HINOJOSA, born 1707 in Mexico; died 1750 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married Grantee Margarita GONZALEZ OCHOA, born in Mexico; died 1 Dec 1773 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Margarita HINOJOSA, born 1713; died 1781. She married (1) Miguel Sanchez BENAVIDES; (2) Miguel SAENZ, christened 9 May 1682 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Domingo SAENZ and Maria BENAVIDES.
- Susana HINOJOSA, born 1715; died 1790. She married Antonio LOPEZ JAEN.
- Maria Catarina HINOJOSA, born 1717 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 26 Apr 1786 in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. She married (1) in 1732 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Jose Antonio VILLARREAL, born about 1710 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 1750, son of Joseph VILLARREAL and Maria OROPEZA; (2) Jose Antonio OLIVARES.
- adopted Pedro Regalado HINOJOSA, born 1724 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico; died 6 Jul 1787 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married (1) on 20 Dec 1772 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico Francisca SALINAS, born 1743; died 5 Sep 1773 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Francisco Javier SALINAS and Maria Rosa LONGORIA; (2) Maria Catalina PENA, born 4 Jul 1731 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 4 Jul 1771 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Jose Jacinto PENA and Ana Maria GUAJARDO.
- Maria Gertrudis HINOJOSA. She married on 5 Oct 1740 in Boca de Leones, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Jose Miguel SAENZ, born 1721; died 30 Apr 1791 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, son of Diego SAENZ and Teodora GARCIA.
- Rendon, Crispin D. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” February 9, 2014 Pg.
- Montejano Hilton, Maria de la Luz, “Sagrada mitra de Guadalajara Antiguo Obispado de la Nueva Galicia” Mexico D.F. 1999. Pg 549 #2744
I was looking at the list of children of Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza-Diaz. I looked at child #8, Juan Crisostomo Hinojosa, born 1707 and died
1750. His wife is Margarita GONZALEZ-Ochoa AND sometimes listed as Maria
My question is do you have a list of their children? I believe that I am descendant of
Margarita Gonzalez-Ochoa. Is it correct that her father is Jose Nicolas Gonzalez-
Ochoa? I would appreciate it very much if you could send to me the names of their
Raul, the information comes form Crispin Rendon. Have you sent him your family tree?
Yes, actually Cris Rendon did my family genealogy chart
in 2012. I was just down in Texas and went to Rio Grande
City to find lost relatives and passed through Mission, Tx.
Next time I will stop by and say Hello. I am probably related to you, just haven’t figured out how we are connected. I have Garza’s, Saenz, Garcia’s, Hinojosa’s
in my family tree.
Raul Rodriguez Gonzalez
Raul send me the file that Crispin sent you, i’ll research how we are related.
I just looked at your 8th grandfather Diego Hinojosa Cantu
and Josepha de la Garza-Diaz.
Child #8 is Juan Crisostomo Hinojosa who married Maria
Margarita Gonzalez (I am a direct descendant of Margarita
Gonzalez, she is the daughter of Capitan Nicolas Gonzalez-
Ochoa and Nicolasa Flores) Capitan Nicolas Gonzalez is the son of Sargento Mayor Diego Gonzalez and Maria Ochoa.
Child #13 is Maria Gertrudis Hinojosa and she married on
5 Oct 1740 at Boca de Leones, N.L. Mexico. She married
Jose Miguel Saenz born 1721 and died 30 April 1791 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico son of Diego Saenz and Teodora
On my chart #29 is Jose Gregorio Saenz born 1744; died 25 April 1804 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, son of (37)
Jose Miguel Saenz and (38) Maria Gertrudis Hinojosa.
He married on 18 July 1772 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico
(30) Maria Margarita Gonzalez died 30 January 1834 in
Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of (39) Jose Nicolas
Gonzalez and (40) Ana Josefa Garcia.
My chart #37 is Jose Miguel Saenz, born 1721; died 30
April 1791 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, son of (43) Diego
Saenz and (44) Teodora Garcia. He married on 5 Oct 1740
In Boca de Leones, N.L. Mexico (38) Maria Gertrudis Hinojosa, daughter of (45) Capitan Diego HINOJOSA
and (46) Josefa GARZA.
These a just the connections I found just from your post
on Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza-Diaz.
One more note:
My chart #19 is Jose Rafael GARZA, son of (23) Jose Marcelino GARZA and (24) Maria Francisca Saenz (she is a
Gonzalez on her mother’s side). He married on 9 Dec 1819 in
Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico (20) Maria Juana MORENO, christened 2 July 1795 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter
of (25) Jose Marcelo MORENO and (26) Maria Ignacia GARCIA.
Children of Jose Rafael GARZA and Maria Juana MORENO:
Child # 10 is Jose Ferman GARZA, christened 3 June 1838 in
Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married Maria de los Reyes
SALAZAR, mother of Leocadia GARZA, born 1866 and she
is my GREAT GRANDMOTHER. Leocadia GARZA born was in Roma, Texas and married Pablo GONZALEZ born in Rio Grande City, Texas. They were married on 25 March 1883
and I have a photograph of them on their wedding day, she
is in a beautiful wedding dress.
Pablo GONZALEZ AND LEOCADIA GARZA are by
GREAT GRANDFATHER AND GREAT GRANDMOTHER.
Ok I will send my chart to you.
My mother is Edna Hinjosa from Zapata Texas she did 23 and me and has genealogy back to Nuevo León
Hi! I came across some of your pages and wow! I am just so amazed at all the research you have done. I’m wanting to purchase some of your books and I’m wondering which ones are the ones that are from your family line that still line up with your 8th great grandparents Diego Hinojosa Cantu and Josepha de la Garza Diaz since those are my 6th great grandparents I figured those line up with our same ancestors and would love to read on what your books say about our family from what side we relate to.
Thank you for making these amazing pages and research. It’s wonderful to read and see all this history.
For Hinojosa Ancestors this would be the book to get: https://lastnamesofnuevoleon.com/hinojosa/