The following is the 1721 marriage of my 8th great grandparents Juan Garcia de Pruneda and Maria Gertrudis Garcia Guerra. They married back in February 2, 1721 in what is now Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Garmendia Leal and Crispin Rendon have Identified the parents of Juan Garcia de Pruneda as Luis Garcia Pruneda and Juana de Leon. The parents of Maria Gertrudis Garcia are Antonio Garcia de Sosa and Nicolasa de la Garza Falcon. I hope this post helps you out in your research.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of Above Image:
Dn. Jan. Garzia de Pruneda Con Da. Gertrudis Garcia
En dos de febrero de mil setecientos, y veinte, y uno en, esta parroquial de esta ciudad casse, y vele infacie ecclecie, segun horden de nra Sta Madre y Casse a Dn Juan Garzia de Pruneda Con Da Gertrudis Garzia: fueron testigos: Da Joseph de Urrutia. El General Dn Nicolas de Va[?]dale, y Dn. Joseph de Hoyos. Se leyeron los banos a 12: [?] 26. de febrero y para que conste lo firme
Children of Juan Garcia Pruneda and Maria Gertrudis Garcia Guerra
The following where compiled by Crispin Rendon.
- Santiago GARCIA PRUNEDA. He married (1) on 9 Nov 1744 in Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico Maria Josefa Dolores RODRIGUEZ, christened 3 Apr 1729 in Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico, daughter of Joseph Santiago RODRIGUEZ and Maria Teresa TORO; (2) on 24 Oct 1756 in Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico Juana Antonia FLORES, christened 7 Dec 1738 in Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico, daughter of Miguel FLORES ABREGO and Francisca Javiera BARRERA.
Juan Angel GARCIA PRUNEDA.
- Joaquin GARCIA (my 7th great grandfather), died 25 Sep 1771 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He married Isabel Juana GUAJARDO, christened 1 Nov 1699 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Alferez Joseph MARTINEZ GUAJARDO and Margarita GUTIERREZ.
- Luis Antonio GARCIA PRUNEDA. He married on 24 Aug 1757 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria AGUIRRE, daughter of Josefa GALINDO.
- Maria Rita GARCIA PRUNEDA. She married Joseph Ignacio TREVINO, born 1734, son of Capitan Joseph TREVINO and Maria Josefa LEAL LEON.
- Maria Luisa GARCIA.
- Maria Josefa GARCIA.
- Dolores GARCIA.
- Juana Manuela GARCIA.
- Garmendia Leal, Guillermo, “Alonso de Leon sus Descendientes” Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, 1993 Pg. 7 of Family Tree.
- Rendon, Crispin D. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” February 9, 2014 Pg.
Well, there is a problem between this and Joaquin’s death record which you posted, The death records says he died in 1771 and was 70 years old, so born in 1701 but his mother did not marry until 1721? I think there is a possibility that Joaquin’s father is the Juan that is this Juans’ grandfather Juan (born around 1668 ?) – that would be more in line with timing. Have you seen this problem ?
After looking at all my sources, I got the names of the parents from Crispin Rendon. Unfortunately, I don’t know what sources he used. Garmendia Leal, in his book Alonso de Leon Sus Descendientes (Monterrey, N.L. Mexico, Guillermo Garmendia Leal, July 1993), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Edinburg, Texas., Part 2 Pg. 7 states that Juan Garcia de Pruneda and Maria Gertrudis Garcia had a son named Joaquin Garcia (unfortunately we don’t know if it is the same one). Another issue is that when I first transcribed the record the age looked like 70 to me, but if you look at it carefully it could be 50 or 60 also. As of today, I flagged Joaquin Garcia with a note to remind me that I need proof of who his parents are.