The following is the 1673 marriage of my 10th great grandparents Diego Gutierrez de Castro and Gertrudis Flores de la Garza. They were married on July 30, 1673, in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. I have not been able to find a document that indicates who his parents were but on the other hand, the parents of Gertrudis are Pedro Flores de Abrego and Margarita de la Garza. I am a descendant of theirs through their daughter Margarita Gutierrez who married Joseph Martinez Guajardo.
Cut out of the original image:
Transcription of above image:
Diego Gutierrez y Gertrudis Flooes espanoles velaronse
En treinta de Julio de mil y seiscientos setenta y tres anos, despose y vele infaccie eclesie a Diego Gutierrez espanol y es vesino deste reyno y natural de la ciudad de Zacatecas y Gertrudis Flores assimismo espanola natural deste reyno en virtud de dispensa de 2 gr. Prv. Bme. Rodriguez de Salamanca Visoy. general ddeste obispado de tercero con quarto grado de afinidad. [?] pala licita haviendo procedido los bannos en veinte y dos, vente y quatro y veinte y cinco de [?] [?] y fueron testigos el Capan. Lazaro de la Garza = al Capan – Miguel de la Garza y Nicolas de Chapa y para q. conte lo firme
Francisco de Guevara
Children of Capitan Diego GUTIERREZ CASTRO and Gertrudis FLORES were as follows:
- Tomasa GUTIERREZ, died 1 Nov 1708. She married on 19 Oct 1693 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Capitan Rodrigo MARTINEZ, christened 5 Nov 1673 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Jose Ignacio MARTINEZ and Ines GARZA.
- Margarita GUTIERREZ, christened 23 Jun 1675 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 20 Sep 1693 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Alferez Joseph MARTINEZ GUAJARDO, born 20 Aug 1668 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; christened 24 Aug 1668 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Jose MARTINEZ GUAJARDO and Nicolasa GARZA.
- Maria Rosa GUTIERREZ, christened 20 Jul 1677 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 3 Jun 1700 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Capitan Marcos TREVINO, son of Capitan Nicolas TREVINO and Maria GARCIA RENTERIA.
- Ignacio GUTIERREZ, christened 2 Jan 1681 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 12 Jan 1702 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Josefa ARELLANO, daughter of Nicolas ARELLANO and Lucia GARZA.
- Isabel GUTIERREZ, christened 20 Dec 1685 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married Juan TREVINO, christened 29 Mar 1682 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan Juan TREVINO and Josefa SOSA.
- Pedro GUTIERREZ, christened 24 Aug 1688 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Rendon, Crispin “Ancestors of Moises Garza” Self Published February 9, 2014, Pg. 157 and 158
Hi, Maybe you have already seen this…
John Inclan’s page The Descendents of Don Alonso de Estrada: http://www.somosprimos.com/inclan/estrada.htm
55. JUANA-FRANCISCA9 AYALA-DE-OVALLE (DIEGO8 DE AYALA-TREVINO, LEONOR7 DE AYALA-VALVERDE, MARIANA6 DE GUEVARA-ESTRADA, JUAN-ALONSO5 DE ESTRADA, ANA4 ESTRADA-DE-LA-CABALLERIA, ALONSO3 DE ESTRADA, FERDINAND II (THE2 CATHOLIC), JOHN II OF1 ARAGON) was born Abt. 1631 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) DIEGO GUTIERREZ-DE-CASTRO. He was born in Zacatecas, Mexico. She married (2) SALVADOR DE-LA-GARZA….
Children of JUANA-FRANCISCA AYALA-DE-OVALLE and DIEGO GUTIERREZ-DE-CASTRO are:
iii. CAPTAIN DIEGO GUTIERREZ-DE-CASTRO, b. 1650, Zacatecas, Mexico; m. GERTRUDIS DE-LA-GARZA, 30 Jul 1673, Sagrario Metropolitano, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; b. 1657, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; d. 18 Aug 1688, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
Notes for GERTRUDIS DE-LA-GARZA:
A.K.A. Gertrudis Flores
Thanks for the information. I had previously seen this but unfortunately I have not been able to find a document proving that they are his parents. I will continue to search and will probably research Juana Francisca Ayala de Ovalle and Diego Gutierrez more to see if i find any proof.
Hi I think we might be cousins! My name is Rayleen, I’m from San Antonio Texas, I started my ancestry tree not too long ago and I came across your blog and I’m more than certain we share the same grandmother by the name of Maria Gertrudis Flores de la Garza. She is my 10th Great Grand Mother, I would love to hear back from you to share my information and research. Feel free to email me back:)
Hello Rayleen, great to hear from you. I will try to email you soon.