This is the church marriage record of my 10th great grandparents Captain Nicolas Gutierrez de Lara and Clara Trevino de Renteria. They got married on November 14, 1672, at the Hacienda de la Pesqueria, but the record is in the church records of Monterrey.
Nicolas is the son of Melchor Gutierrez and Isabel Lara. The parents of Clara are Alonzo de Trevino and Mayor de Renteria.
I am one of their descendants through their daughter Isabel Gutierrez de Lara. You can find more information about her and her siblings at the bottom of this page.
Here is the transcription of their marriage record.
Transcription of Above Image:
Nicolas Gutierrez y Dona Clara de Renta espanoles
En catorce de Noviembre de mil y seicientos y setenta y dos anos despuse y vele en la hacienda de la Pesqueria en Capilla aprovada a Nicolas Gutierrez y Dona Clara de Renteria haciendo procedido los bannos en primero siete y catorce de dicho mez. Fueron testigos D. Lazaro Fernandez de Castro, Joseph de la Cruz y Don Diego de Sepulveda, y lo firme –
Francisco de la Cruz
Children of Capitan Nicolas GUTIERREZ LARA and Clara TREVINO RENTERIA were as follows:
- Capitan Nicolas GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 13 Jun 1673 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, buried 10 Mar 1750 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 18 Oct 1695 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Antonia VILLARREAL, born in Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 30 May 1754 in Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Bernabe VILLARREAL and Isabel GARZA.
- Antonio GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 31 Mar 1676 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 10 Jan 1734. He married on 19 Oct 1695 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Clara VILLARREAL, christened 15 Dec 1674 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, buried 27 Feb 1745 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Bernabe VILLARREAL and Isabel GARZA.
- Clara Maria GUTIERREZ LARA. She married on 28 Dec 1700 Juan BAEZ BENAVIDES, born 1680 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Francisco BAEZ BENAVIDES and Juana VELA.
- Melchor GUTIERREZ. He married Ana BENAVIDES, daughter of Bernardo BENAVIDES and Francisca REYES.
- Isabel GUTIERREZ LARA. She married Antonio GARCIA SEPULVEDA, son of Sargento Mayor Jacinto GARCIA SEPULVEDA and Clara FERNANDEZ RENTERIA.
- Cristobal GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 10 Dec 1687 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria Isabel BAEZ BENAVIDES, born 1683; died 26 Jun 1773 in Revilla, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Bernardo BENAVIDES and Francisca REYES.
Gutierrez: Last Names of Nuevo Leon
The upcoming Gutierrez book is a 541-page book that contains six generations of the descendants of Nicolas Gutierrez de Lara and Clara de Treviño Renteria. Nicolas was born about 1652 and probably born in Queretaro and entered el Nuevo Reino de Leon (Nuevo Leon) before 1672. He is considered to be the progenitor of the Gutierrez last name in Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, and South Texas. This book contains information from the late 1600s to the middle 1800s.
Source for Marriage Record:
- FamilySearch: Mexico, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch), Monterrey, 1672, Pg. 13. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159380-7046-44?cc=1473204&wc=MCMK-YWP:45389701,45389702,46695301.
Note: This post was last updated on 12-15-2020