Hi, I just wanted to share with you an email that I received from Crispin Rendon two days ago. It is his end of the year report and it is very interesting. Mr. Rendon’s work is truly a treasure to every one doing genealogy research.
This email is going out to the 516 people found in my genealogy address book (stakeholders).
Stakeholder 2013 Genealogy Year End Report
I am happy with 2013. It was a good year. The database has grown to over 303,000 records, up 32,000 records from the year 2012. Over 600 records, on average, were added weekly. Most of these new records come from the research required to produce the upcoming 12 volume series on the Families of Saltillo, Coahuila. Additional records came from the research required to publish 9 volumes of Families of Salinas Victoria, Nuevo Leon and volumes 4 and 5 of Families of Santiago, Nuevo Leon. The plan is to publish a Saltillo volume every month this year. Some database records came from family trees submitted in return for ancestor reports. I very much enjoy creating them. Thanks all of you that referred your friends. Anyway, those reports ranged in size from a three page 5 generation report to a 669 page 52 generation book. The number of ancestor reports dropped from 80 in 2012 to 78 in 2013. Some ancestor books were converted from English into Spanish.
The Top 20 mtDNA list expanded and with interest should continue to do so. There is more funding than needed candidates. A new report will be out in April. As you probably know I do this research because I enjoy it not for money. Some un-named people sent me unsolicited money again this year. Those funded were deposited into the Mexican DNA Project for mtDNA testing. There are more funds in a Kiva account for when the need arrives. Until then, much of those funds are helping Mexican businesswomen obtain loans.
The image numbers found in the 16 volume series Families of General Teran are no longer accurate. When the books were published the General Teran images were found in 4 separate familysearch.org folders. Sometime last year, all of those images were put into one folder. That is why the image numbers need to be updated. I may republish the series with updated image numbers later this year if time allows.
Thank you all for your support.
As you can see Mr. Rendon is a very busy person and his work is invaluable. I am really looking forward to his new 12 volume series on the Families of Saltillo, Coahuila. Specially the early settlers and also hopefully I can find more information on my Cuellars.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017