The following is the 1911 marriage record for my wife’s great grandparents, Jose Francisco Perez and Paula Contreras. I think I am spoiled by Mexican records but I sure was expecting a lot more of information on Texas marriage records. It does not list the parents, where they were from, and their ages. Is there any other records to supplement this marriage record or is this it? I only know whom their parents were since they are listed on their Death Certificate. Paula and Francisco were only married for ten years since she died in 1921 from a snake byte.
Copy from the University of Texas Pan American, Edinburg, Texas Microfilm #1016453
Transcript of above image:
RECORD OF MARRAIGE LICENSES 221
The State of Texas,
County of Starr
To any Regularly Licensed or Ordained Minister of thje Gospel, Jewish Rabbi, Judge of the District or County Court, or any Justice of the Peace in and for Starr County, Texas – GREETING:
YOU ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZED TO CELEBRATE THE RITES OF MATRIMONY Between Mr. Francisco Perez and Miss Paula Contreras and make due return to the Clerk of the County Court of said County within sixty days thereafter, certifying your action under this License. WITNESS MY OFFICIAL SIGNATURE AND SEAL OF OFFICE, At office in Rio Grande City the 23rd day of May A. D. 1911 E. Salinas [ L. S. ] Clerk County Starr County, Texas, By Deputy.
I Transito Villarreal J. P. , certify that on the 24 day of May A. D. 1911 I united in Marriage Mr. Francisco Perez and Miss Paula Contreras the parties above named. WITNESS MY HAND This 25 day of May A. D. 1911 Transito Vilalrreal J. P. Prect No 7. Starr County Texas .
RETURNED AND FILED FOR RECORD The 26th day of May A. D. 1911 , and recorded the 26th day of May A. D. 1911 E. Salinas, County Clerk By Deputy
Other Posts about Francisco and Paula:
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017