The Convent of San Francisco is were most of the founders and settlers of Monterrey were buried. It dated back till the 1590’s but unfortunately it was demolished in 1914. As you may have noticed, most death records of my ancestors name this Church as the place of burial. If anyone can point the location where the church used to be please send me the GPS location so that I may check it out on Google Maps.
From, The Conquistadores and Crypto-Jews of Monterrey Pg. 168
You can read more about the location were this convent used to be situated by reading a guest post titled “Location of Convent of San Francisco, Monterrey” by George P. Cervantes. Hope you enjoyed these images and George’s post.
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017