Last month Taco Goulooze shared the link to FastFilm on Google+, if you have not used this utility you are missing out big time. You may be asking yourself, What is FastFilm? It is a small utility that will let you download Batch Images from FamilySearch.
You may ask your self, Why do I need this? Simply put, to speed up and be more efficient when searching for a particular document in a set of documents. As you may be aware of, just trying to view an image using your browser on FamilySearch may take up to 30 seconds to a minute to load. Imagine doing this if you do not have a date or and have to go document by document.
After installing FastFile you will be able to download the set of images where the document you are looking for may be. Believe me the download speeds are fast. After it finishes you will be able to browse through the images superfast without the loading times that you would get otherwise.
Just ensure that you have hard drive space since each image is on average about 1.5 megabyte big.
You can visit the developers page for more information or to download the program on the following link.
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017