I want to thank Jose Garza for pointing me to the following book. Las Villas Del Norte The Pena Descendancy by Carrol (Kelly) A Norquest, Jr. I had the opportunity of reading a copy donated by the author to the University of Texas Pan American in Edinburg Texas.
What interested me was that Jose had said that this book contained the 1874 Census for Arcabuz, Tamaulipas. Turns out that it only referenced another book coauthored by Mr. Norquest that contained the Census. By the way I located the other book and got to see the transcription of the census.
I know, I digress, well turns out that this book Las Villas Del Norte had most of my Pena ancestors in it. As Mr. Norquest explains this book is only based on secondary sources but even at that it is very easy to trace original sources if you follow the authors trail. Also so thankful that I located this book since it has over 900 individuals covering from the late 1600’s to present day.
If you have Pena ancestry from Laredo, Revilla, Mier, Arcabuz, Miguel Aleman, Hidalgo and Starr County I highly recommend this book. Also in general, if you have Pena ancestry check it out since you never know you might find your ancestors within the pages of this book. That was the case with one of my friends Joe Gonzalez, he very easily found his great grandparents thus helping him break a brick wall that he had.
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017