Thanks for dropping by and I hope that you may find this website informative and useful.
Why I started this blog:
Welcome to We Are Cousins, after much thought I saw the need to create a blog that would not only serve as a place to document my research, family stories, but also a resource to those interested in South Texas and Northern Mexico Genealogy. I also hope that with this blog I can network with other researchers interested in this region. To keep up to date with this blog simply subscribe to the rss atom feed.
This quote was the content of my first post on this website and honestly I was super nervous. I guess it is the same nervousness that always goes hand in hand when we start a new project. Let me just tell you that this blog has turned out to be more than what I expected and a very rewarding experience.
What to you can expect to find in this blog.
As mentioned before this blog is about South Texas and Northeastern Mexico Genealogy. It focuses on Genealogy South of San Antonio, the Mexican states of Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas.
Here you will find,
- Baptism Transcriptions
- Marriage Transcriptions
- Death Record Transcriptions
- Resources available for Genealogy Research
- Books You should know about
- Transcriptions to indexes of Vital Records
- We Are Cousins Magazine
Also expect to find many other randoms things but the above mentioned ones are just the main ones.
Interested in South Texas and Northeastern Mexico Genealogy why don’t you follow us at:
To keep up to date with this blog follow us at,
If you would like to contact me please do so using the contact form of this blog or leave a message on this post.
This post was last updated: 3-31-2013
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017