Rancho Viejo is the name of the ranch were the Marroquines through my fathers side once lived starting in the 1880′s in Northern Tamaulipas, Mexico. This place is located near present day Arcabuz, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The Marroquines in my family were originally from Allende and Santiago Nuevo Leon and I have traced them back as far as 1680′s. I have yet to discover why they left their native Allende Nuevo Leon to settle in Tamaulipas.
Pedro Marroquin, my fathers grandfather, was born and baptized in Allende and ended up marrying my great grandmother Maria Amalia Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico on Aug 27 1912. I have traced her ancestors as back far as the early 1700’s.
What is left of Rancho Viejo:
|Chimney at Rancho Viejo|
This picture is of the chimney that is left from my great grandparents original jacal. According to my father his aunt accidentally burned it down to the ground.
The family then built another jacal about 300 feet in front of this one but only the chimney remains of that jacal too.
Still to this date Rancho Viejo continues to be property of the Marroquines and the vast ranch that once was managed from Rancho Viejo continues to be in the hands of my father’s cousins.
Other Related Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Pedro Marroquin Perez and Maria Amalia Gonzalez Guerra, 1912 Church Marriage in Guardados de Arriba, Tamaulipas, Mexico
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017