Rancho Viejo is the name of the ranch were the Marroquines through my fathers side once lived starting in the 1880′s in Northern Tamaulipas, Mexico. This place is located near present day Arcabuz, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The Marroquines in my family were originally from Allende and Santiago Nuevo Leon and I have traced them back as far as 1680′s. I have yet to discover why they left their native Allende Nuevo Leon to settle in Tamaulipas.
Pedro Marroquin, my fathers grandfather, was born and baptized in Allende and ended up marrying my great grandmother Maria Amalia Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico on Aug 27 1912. I have traced her ancestors as back far as the early 1700’s.
What is left of Rancho Viejo:
|Chimney at Rancho Viejo|
This picture is of the chimney that is left from my great grandparents original jacal. According to my father his aunt accidentally burned it down to the ground.
The family then built another jacal about 300 feet in front of this one but only the chimney remains of that jacal too.
Still to this date Rancho Viejo continues to be property of the Marroquines and the vast ranch that once was managed from Rancho Viejo continues to be in the hands of my father’s cousins.
Other Related Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Pedro Marroquin Perez and Maria Amalia Gonzalez Guerra, 1912 Church Marriage in Guardados de Arriba, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017