The following is the Marriage Record for Apolonio Contreras and Demetria Garza my wife’s 2nd great grandparents. They Married back in 1874 in Starr County, Texas. Several years ago I found the parents of Apolonio on a family tree in ancestry but it is now long gone. Unfortunately I have not found any documents listing his parents to verify that I have the right information and due to this reason I won’t list them here. Continue reading
The following is the 1911 marriage record for my wife’s great grandparents, Jose Francisco Perez and Paula Contreras. I think I am spoiled by Mexican records but I sure was expecting a lot more of information on Texas marriage records. It does not list the parents, where they were from, and their ages. Is there any other records to supplement this marriage record or is this it? I only know whom their parents were since they are listed on their Death Certificate. Paula and Francisco were only married for ten years since she died in 1921 from a snake byte.
Copy from the University of Texas Pan American, Edinburg, Texas Microfilm #1016453
Transcript of above image:
RECORD OF MARRAIGE LICENSES 221
The State of Texas,
County of Starr
To any Regularly Licensed or Ordained Minister of thje Gospel, Jewish Rabbi, Judge of the District or County Court, or any Justice of the Peace in and for Starr County, Texas – GREETING:
YOU ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZED TO CELEBRATE THE RITES OF MATRIMONY Between Mr. Francisco Perez and Miss Paula Contreras and make due return to the Clerk of the County Court of said County within sixty days thereafter, certifying your action under this License. WITNESS MY OFFICIAL SIGNATURE AND SEAL OF OFFICE, At office in Rio Grande City the 23rd day of May A. D. 1911 E. Salinas [ L. S. ] Clerk County Starr County, Texas, By Deputy.
I Transito Villarreal J. P. , certify that on the 24 day of May A. D. 1911 I united in Marriage Mr. Francisco Perez and Miss Paula Contreras the parties above named. WITNESS MY HAND This 25 day of May A. D. 1911 Transito Vilalrreal J. P. Prect No 7. Starr County Texas .
RETURNED AND FILED FOR RECORD The 26th day of May A. D. 1911 , and recorded the 26th day of May A. D. 1911 E. Salinas, County Clerk By Deputy
Other Posts about Francisco and Paula:
Jose Francisco Perez Lozano is my wife’s great-grandfather. He was the son of Encarnacion Perez Ayala and Dorotea Lozano Bosquez and was married to Paula Contreras. (View their Marriage Record Here)
The following is an image of his baptismal record in General teran, Nuevo Leon, Mexico back in 1866.
His God parents are listed as being Doroteo Perez and Maria Carmen Perez. Jose Encarnacion had a brother named Dorotea and also a sister named Maria Carmen Perez. It is very likely that his god parents, aunt, and uncle are the same.
The above image can be found at: FamilySearch.org > Mexico, Catholic Church Records > Nuevo León > General Terán > Nuestra Señora de la Soledad > Bautismos 1770-1872
Transcription From Original Image:
Febrero 12 de 1866 Jose co Bauto
En la Parroquia de la Villa de General Teran el 19 de febrero de 1866 el Presbito Cristobal Cavazos Cura Propio de ella, bautiso Solemnemente y puso los santos oleos y Sagrado Crisma a Jose Francisco de Ciete dias de nacido hijo legitimo de Encarnacion Perez y de Ma. Dorotea Lozano, fueron sus padrinos Doroteo Perez y Ma. Carmen Perez quienes quedaron advertidos de sus obligaciones y parentesco espiritual y para que conste lo firmo.
1. Paula Contreras was born in Jun. 1891 in San Miguel, Tamaulipas, Mexico and died on Nov. 2, 1921 in La Grulla, Starr, Texas, USA. She was the daughter of Apolonio Crontreras De La Garza and Demetria Garza Solis. She married 3rd Francisco Perez on May 24, 1911 in Starr, Texas, USA. Francisco, son of Encarnacion Perez and Dorotea Lozano, was born on Feb. 12, 1865 in Encadenado, General Terán, Nuevo León, Mexico and died on Feb. 14, 1942 in La Grulla, Starr County, Texas. She married 2nd Juan Duarte. She married 1st Flores.
Children of Paula Contreras and Francisco Perez
i.2.Donaciano Perez was born on Sep. 6, 1912 in Texas, USA and died on Nov. 29, 1990.
ii.3.Frumencio Perez was born on Oct. 27, 1913 in Texas, USA and died on Mar. 23, 1999 in Hidalgo, Texas, United States.
iii.4.Ezperanza Perez was born in 1916 in Texas, USA.
iv.5.Vicente Perez was born on May 24, 1917 and died on Feb. 14, 1990 in Starr, Texas, USA.
v.6.Nieves Perez was born in 1920 in Texas, USA.
Children of Paula Contreras and Juan Duarte
vi.7.Justo Duarte was born in 1907 in Texas, USA and died on Oct. 25, 1972 in Mcallen, Hidalgo, Texas, USA.
Children of Paula Contreras and Flores (I have yet to find his name)
vii.8.Tomas Flores was born in 1905 in Texas, USA.
2nd Generation (Children)
- Donaciano Perez was born on Sep. 6, 1912 in Texas, USA and died on Nov. 29, 1990. He married 1st Ramona Pena on Jul. 14, 1984 in Starr, Texas, USA. He married 2nd Antonia Solis.
- Frumencio Perez was born on Oct. 27, 1913 in Texas, USA and died on Mar. 23, 1999 in Hidalgo, Texas, United States. He married Petra Florez on Sep. 19, 1933 in Starr, Texas, USA.
- Ezperanza Perez was born in 1916 in Texas, USA. She married Manuel Longoria on May 19, 1933 in Starr County, Texas, USA. Manuel, son of Epigmenio Longoria and Ricarda Villarreal, was born on Mar. 1, 1909 in La Grulla, Starr, Texas, USA and died on Feb. 27, 1961 in Olmito Ranch, Starr, Texas.
- Vicente Perez was born on May 24, 1917 and died on Feb. 14, 1990 in Starr, Texas, USA. He married Maria Dedar Flores, daughter of Desiderio Flores and Guadalupe Villarreal, on Oct. 28, 1940 in Starr, Texas, USA.
- Nieves Perez was born in 1920 in Texas, USA. She married Roman Ybarra on Oct. 28, 1935 in Starr, Texas, USA. Roman, son of Tomas Ybarra and Maria Solis, was born on Aug. 9, 1915 and died on Dec. 12, 2004 in Starr, Texas, USA.
- Justo Duarte was born in 1907 in Texas, USA and died on Oct. 25, 1972 in Mcallen, Hidalgo, Texas, USA.
- Tomas Flores was born in 1905 in Texas, USA.
This post is the first one that I publish in regards to my wife’s side of the family. The picture bellow is of Francisco Perez Lozano and Paula Contreras Garza, my wife’s great grandparents.
I came into possession of this picture last month when I decided to go trough a box of things belonging to my wife.
Photo of Francisco Perez Lozano and Paula Contreras Garza
|Paula Contreras Garza and Francisco Perez Lozano|
We had gotten the box about two months prior from my mother in law and we just left it in the garage until it started to bother me and since my wife never took the initiative I decided I was going to go through it.
It turned out that most of the things were books. I found several yearbooks and my wife’s old bible. The bible turned out to be a treasure of genealogical information, at least in my view point. I found several old photos including the one above and several laminated obituary notices.
The above photo must have been taken between 1911 and 1923 since Francisco and Paula Married in 1911 in Starr County and Paula died in 1923, her death certificate does not state what she died from but my father in law states that she died from a snake bite.