This is the marriage of my 8th great grandparents Pablo de la Garza and Catarina Gonzalez whom got married in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico back in October 3, 1707. The following document does not mention their parents but thanks to other sources we know that the parents of Pablo are Miguel de la Garza Falcon and Gertrudis de Renteria. The parents of Catarina Gonzalez are Diego Gonzalez and Maria Anastacia de Trevino. Their witnesses to the marriage are Diego Gonzalez, Pedro Flores and Christoval Gonzalez.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of marriage image:
Pablo de la Garza Con Catalina Gons Espanoles.
En 3 de Octubre de mil Setecientos y siete anos Caso y belo Con mi Licencia el Licdo. Dn. MArcos Gons. Hidalgo a Pablo de la Garza Con Cathalina Gons. abiendo precebido las banas a 8 a 10 y a 11 de el mes de Septiembre en virtud de dispensa de tercero con quarto grado de Consanguinidad que dispenso el Yll[?] Senor Obispo de este Obispado [?]. Fueron testigos Diego Gons. Po. Flores y Christobal Gons. y para que Conste lo firme.
Geronimo Lopez Prieto
Children of Pablo de la Garza and Catarina Gonzalez
The following list of children was researched by Crispin Rendon.
- Joseph Garza, christened 24 Oct 1708 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married about 1735 in Nuevo Leon, Mexico Margarita Leal Leon, daughter of Lorenzo Leal Leon and Juana Maria Garcia Davila.
- Miguel Garza Renteria, born 1708. He married (1) on 8 Aug 1728 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Josefa Gonzalez HIDALGO, born 1710; died 1750, daughter of Lucas Gonzalez Hidalgo and Maria Teresa Cantu; (2) on 2 Aug 1751 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Josefa Leon, born 1714, daughter of Capitan Juan Leon and Agustina Gonzalez Quintanilla.
- Maria Gertrudis Garza, christened 5 Apr 1712 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 8 Aug 1728 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Marcos Leal Leon, born 1708, son of Lorenzo Leal Leon and Juana Maria Garcia Davila.
- Francisco Garza.
- Cristobal Garza. He married (1) on 23 Nov 1744 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Francisca Cantu, died 1781, daughter of Capitan Joseph Cantu and Tomasa Garcia Davila; (2) Maria Gertrudis Leal Leon, born 1760 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Bartolome Jose Leal Leon and Maria Gregoria Garza.
I am a descendant of theirs through their daughter Maria Gertrudis Garza. If they are also your ancestors please send me a message letting me know how you descend from them. In turn I will write back to you also letting you know exactly how I descend from them. That way we can add each other to our family trees. Thanks in advance.
- FamilySearch: Mexico, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch), Mexico, Nuevo León, Catholic Church Records, 1667-1981, Monterrey, Catedral, Matrimonios 1667-1800 Pg. 80.
- Crispin D Rendon, Crispin D. Rendon – Ancestor Book for Moises Garza (3430 Bahia Place, Riverside, CA 92507, Crispin D Rendon, February 9, 2014), Personal Archives of Moises Garza, Pg. 81.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017