This is the April 22, 1740 baptism of my 6th Great Grandmother Maria Guadalupe Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Yup I finally found it, if you can recall from one of my previous posts “I just Deleted Two Ancestors“. I had problems locating her baptism since the information that I had, had her sisters baptism date instead. That is why it is very important to always find the original record or at least a copy of it. This document indicates that she is a “mestiza” which means that she was the offspring of a Spaniard and an Indian. Now my question is, who is which of both her parents. Her parents are listed as Jospeh Xptoval Garcia Guaxcardo and her mother as Petra Cantu.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of baptism Image:
Maria Guadalupe Mestiza
En veinte y dos de este Mes y ano Baptize solemnemnte a Maria Guadalupe hija lexma de Joseph Xptoval Garcia Guaxardo y de Petra Cantu vecinos de esta Ciudad. P.P.os Joseph Gregorio Martinez y Ana Gertrudis Martinez a qnes dixe su obligacion y lo firme. =
Br. Juan Baez Trevino
FamilySearch: Mexico Baptisms 1560-1950 (FamilySearch), Nuevo Leon Catholic Church Records, 1667-1981, Monterrey, Catedral, Bautismos 1731-1768 Pg 167. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159379-650054-94?cc=1473204&wc=MCMV-229:45389701,45389702,45435601.
Crispin D Rendon, Crispin D. Rendon – Ancestor Book for Moises Garza (3430 Bahia Place, Riverside, CA 92507, Crispin D Rendon, February 9, 2014), Personal Archives of Moises Garza, Pg. 44.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017