I could not locate the 1713 baptism of my 6th great grandmother Maria Petronila Cantu Flores. Eventhough FamilySearch had indexed her record I could not locate it. Last week I made a blog post about it titled “The Search for 1713 Baptism of Maria Petronila Cantu in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico“. I had the date of June 28 1713 but once I go to the images (pg 320) with those dates on FamilySearch it was not there.
I shared this on my blog and on social media. Fortunately for me, Ana Torres happened to find it on page 349. The curious thing is that the dates on those pages overlap the previous set of images. We concluded that they must be two separate books but there is no indication of such. The entries do have the signatures of two separate priests. It si kind of odd but it just goes to show us that this particular issue does come up.
Here is the cut out of the record:
Transcription of Image:
[?]ria [?] om espanola.
En Veinte y ocho dias del mes de Junio de Septesientos y treze anos bape. Y Puze los Stos Oleos A Maria Petronila. De quinze dias nacida hija lega. de Juan Cantu y Maria Flores fueron Pos. Juan de Las Casas Y Luiza Martinez A quienes adbert. Su obligazon. Y parentesco y para que conste lo firme.
Btte. Cantu del
Pablo de la Zerda
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017