Maria Petra Cantu is my 6th great grandmother through my maternal side. The other day I was looking for her baptism record so that I could share if with you but I came across a problem. As you are already well aware of researching our ancestors can some times be very easy and some times it can be very difficult. Easy, specially when we have people like Crispin Rendon helping us out and providing us with the wealth of information that he does. For this I am grateful to him and others. The first clue that I obtained about her baptism record was from the ancestor report that he sent me back in 2014 and the second clue came from FamilySearch.org. They had her listed in their index.
Crispin listed her baptism as being June 28, 1713 and that it took place in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. FamilySearch had the same thing. The only difference is that Crispin had her with the name of Petra.
FamilySearch Baptism Index Result for Maria Petronila Cantu Flores
As you can imagine, I thought that finding a copy of the church record was going to be a piece of cake. Turns out that it was not and I have not found it yet.
I browsed to where the image is supposed to be but it is not. You can see for yourself here: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159380-30766-83?cc=1473204&wc=MCMV-JZ3:45389701,45389702,45389703
I searched about ten pages to the left and right but I could not locate it. What I am thinking is that it was probably been indexed wrong and the information has already been disseminated by FamilySearch. The film number corresponds to the online images. Another thing that I am thinking of is that there is also the slight possibility that there may be a lose page but it is unlikely.
I will continue to search for it. If she is also one of your ancestors and you have happened to come across her baptism date please let me know in the comments section of this post. Also if you know of a book that has indexed the baptisms for Monterrey please let me know. I know that together we may be able to find the correct baptism date or the record.
Finally, if you have come across a similar issue please let me know also int he comments section, would love to hear about them.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1692 Marriage of Joseph Villarreal and Maria Oropeza in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 23, 2018
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017