Photos are a window to the past and we are lucky that form time to time we may find one of our ancestors. Special thanks to Juan Jesus de Leon. He has shared with us in the past his project of the De Leon Surname in Montemorelos and has also shared with us on a previous post pictures of his grandparents. I’ll have links at the bottom of this post to all of those posts.
Here are the email that he sent me along with the photo of his great grandparents Eustacio De Leon Sanchez y Sofia Duron Elizondo.
Haven’t been doing any re-search lately as You know We need a little break from time to time
Right now i’m working on my third Montemorelos Project Defunciones De Montemorelos on the De Leon Side and what else .??? Oh Yeah I received some pictures of my Paternal Grandpa I had never seen before and actually one of my Grandpa’s parents dated Sep 30th 1904 the day they got married .
I would love for You to share it in Your blog and I have a couple of more pics supposedly of my great-grandmother on my paternal side but I have to confirm it first and make sure that it is her
Anyways here’s the pic. Eustacio De Leon Sanchez y Sofia Duron Elizondo my great grandparents
I don’t if You remember on one of the pics I had sent You of my grandpa wearing His Mariachi.
Eustacio De Leon Sanchez my great grandfather, we are not really 100% sure about his birth year could be 1885 – 1886 since some of the Cadereyta Records are lost there’s no record of baptism. We can only assume that it could be these 2 years based on what his Marriage Certificate says and the 1930 Mexico Census. My Great-grandmother Sofia Duron Elizondo was born in 1887 also based on what the Marriage Certificate says. On My great grandmother Sofia there’s also a De Leon branch on her maternal side she is daughter to Jesus Emiliano Duron Cabello and Dolores Elizondo De Leon ,<~~~~ this De Leon Branch I haven’t been able to trace Yet :/
The picture was provided by my Cousin Astrid Rodriguez De Leon when she started digging up old photographs after her father’s passing 2 months ago, these old pics are like our own little family treasure since not even my dad knew these pics existed .
Links to other posts about Juan Jesus de Leon:
- Defunsiones de Montemorelos 1714-1774 Personas con Apellido de Leon; Familiares, Esclavos y Sirvientes de Estos
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017