I am always experimenting with new things to try and make this blog more and more useful as possible and the podcast was one of those experiments. The podcast has been running already for four months straight. Up until the writing of this post there are 17 episodes and has gotten 4,712 downloads in total. Which is great! I love providing content that is useful and can help others out.
The unfortunate thing is that it takes over four hours to produce one episode. Recording is easy but there is much more than the actual recording. There is planning, recording, editing, publishing, and syndicating. I only have two hours per day to work on my genealogy and as you can see that is two days out of my week. Then I have also been writing four blog posts per week besides the one for the podcast. This is all and good and I am not complaining I am just explaining to you the reason that I have placed it on hold. Simply put it is taking too much of my time and I have almost no time to do my own research or work on my other projects.
For right now this podcast is on hold for 30 days which at that time I will decide if I continue to produce it or get rid of it. During this time I will develop a process to run this blog and also my other website MexicanGenealogy.info to try and free up some time. For this same reason I have also decided to only write 3 blog posts per week. I will only write posts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. If you have signed up for the We Are Cousins newsletter then you will also receive emails on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays to past content that was published before you joined our newsletter. If you have not joined it you can do so here: Join Newsletter Now.
As part of this process I have also started to accept guest posts. You can read more about it here: Become A Contributor on We Are Cousins Tell Us Your Stories.
Let me know what you think about this decision. I would love to hear your feedback on the podcast as to what you like about it or dislike and if I should continue to produce it or give it the ax. Let me know in the comments area of this post.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017