The following image is the record of the 1702 marriage of my 7th great-grandparents Cristobal Guerra Canamar and Nicolasa de Trevino in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. They married on February 26, 1702. The following document, unfortunately, does not mention their parent’s names, but through other documents, we have come to find out that Cristobal’s Parents are Ignacio Guerra Canamar and Catalina Fernandez de Tijerina. The parents of Nicolasa are Francisco Baez de Trevino and Catalina de Amaya.
Also, this document also lists another of my ancestors as a witness to the marriage. My 9th great-grandfather Nicolas Lopez Prieto. Finally, it also mentions that a church dispensation was needed due to them being related by four degrees of consanguinity. Now I have to try and find this marriage dispensation since it will offer more valuable information and clues.
Cut out of Original Image:
Transcription of Above Image:
Christoval Guerra y Nicolasa de Trevino. Espan
En veinte y seis de Febro. de mil setess. y dos a. en la Parrochial de esta Ciudad despose y vele y in facie Ecleccie a Christoval Guerra con Nicolasa de Trevino, aviendo precedido las vanas en diez y nueve veinte y quatro y veinte y seis de este mez y an. Dispenso su Y[?]ma. en quatro grado en igualdad de sonsanguinidad. Fueron testigos el Cppn. Nicolas Lopez Prieto el Cappn. Pedr. Bapta. Saldua. y el Sargto Mor. Po. Guaxdo Para que conste lo firme.
Geronimo Lopez Prieto
Children of Capitan Cristobal Guerra and Nicolasa Trevino were as follows:
The following list comes from the hard work of Crispin Rendon.
- Ignacio Javier GUERRA CANAMAR. He married on 2 May 1736 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Angela Josefa GARZA, born 1720, daughter of Blas GARZA and Maria Magdalena GARCIA.
- Maria Gertrudis GUERRA. She married on 7 Oct 1720 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Capitan Cristobal GARZA, son of Capitan Gabriel GARZA and Clara GARZA.
- Micaela GUERRA. She married on 11 Aug 1748 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Ignacio FERNANDEZ VALLEJO, born in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of General Antonio FERNANDEZ VALLEJO and Maria GARCIA SOSA GUERRA.
- Ana GUERRA.
- Tomasa Rosalia GUERRA, christened 5 Jan 1710 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 25 Nov 1753 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Jose Jesus RODRIGUEZ, son of Joseph Antonio RODRIGUEZ and Maria Ines GARZA.
- Antonia Catalina GUERRA, christened 12 Apr 1711 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) on 1 Feb 1733 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Capitan Lucas Regalado GONZALEZ HIDALGO, christened 25 Jun 1684 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 5 Apr 1749, son of Capitan/Alcalde Lucas GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Micaela GARCIA DAVILA; (2) on 23 May 1752 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Juan Antonio DAVILA, christened 28 Feb 1711 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Francisco Antonio DAVILA and Nicolasa GONZALEZ HIDALGO.
- Francisca Javiera GUERRA, christened 25 Jun 1712 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) Jose Salvador GARZA, born 1695 in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan Salvador GARZA and Juana GUTIERREZ CASTRO; (2) on 16 Jul 1741 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Carlos BAEZ BENAVIDES.
- Joseph Bernardo GUERRA. He married on 15 Jan 1741 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Ana Maria GARCIA, christened 17 Jul 1718 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Nicolas GARCIA and Maria Teresa SALDUA.
- Jose Ramon GUERRA (my 6th Great grandfather), born 21 Apr 1715 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 23 Jun 1798 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; buried in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 3 Feb 1752 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Rosalia HINOJOSA, died 14 Jun 1773 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Jose Manuel HINOJOSA and Maria Ines CHAPA.
- Maria Rita GUERRA, born about 1716 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 19 Sep 1734 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Joseph Aparicio GONZALEZ HIDALGO, christened 20 Aug 1694 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan/Alcalde Lucas GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Micaela GARCIA DAVILA.
- Maria Josefa GUERRA, christened 27 Jul 1717 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Jose Felix GUERRA.
- Pedro Baltazar GUERRA, born about 1720 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 22 Jul 1754 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Jesus GARZA, christened 2 Jun 1733 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Blas GARZA and Maria Magdalena GARCIA.
- Pedro Ignacio GUERRA. He married on 6 Aug 1752 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Ana Maria RODRIGUEZ, daughter of Joseph Antonio RODRIGUEZ and Maria Ines GARZA.
- FamilySearch.org – View Image
- Rendon, Crispin D. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” February 9, 2014 Pg. 95 and 96
Jose Ramon Guerra and Maria Rosalia Hinojosa were also my ancestors. My Mother grew up in Los Guerra , Tamaulipas. My Maternal Grandfather was decendant of Jose Vicente Guerra and My Maternal Grandmother was decendants of Jose Antonio Albino Guerra. Both Vicente and Antonio Albino were sons of Jose Ramon and Maria Rosalia.
Hello prima, I descend from Jose Antonio Albino and also Jose Ignacio Guerra. If you want to trade family trees let me know. Would love to add you to my database.
Yes I would like to share my trees.
my mom also is from Mier and my grandmother and lots of great grandparents were from Mier and she is looking for her trees, would you mind to share your trees? my mom’s facebook is Elisa Guerra ([email protected]) and her ranch was in portion 6.
I was wondering if someone could tell me why there are 3 additional children listed here that are not listed in the Last Names of Nuevo Leon: Guerra book. I am trying to document a dna match that is linking to Ma. Gertrudis Guerra Canamar which shows up as a daughter here but not in the book.
The reason is that I wrote this post using my old database back in 2014 and with research from Crispin Rendon. The book’s information came from my new database which has citations for every name and fact. Also, keep in mind that the families in the book are not fully researched, children may be missing. If I don’t mention some children, it is not because they don’t belong there but it is because I have not come across them in the collections that I have entered so far. I continue to enter data each day and as I enter more marriages, baptisms, and deaths the family groups will be growing. If I ever do a second edition of the book the family groups will include more children. I hope this answers your question.
I am also related to Maria Gertrudis Guerra Canamar