I found an excellent resource that with no doubt will become one of your favorites for your genealogy research. Throughout my genealogical research I had been coming across ancestors that settled and lived in Camargo since it’s founding. One of such ancestors was my 7th great grandfather Bartolome Trevino whom I only knew had dies in Camargo back in September 27, 1788. I had no other information for him or his wife until I came across the book written by Víctor M. Sáenz Ramírez titled “Los Protocolos de la Villa de Nuestra Señora Santa Anna de Camargo 1762-1809”.
This book is basically a transcription of the documents available at the archives of Camargo from 1762 to 1809. It contains sales of slaves, land, and testamentos (wills) among other documents. There is were I came across the 1788 testamento (will) for Bartolome Trevino. I discovered that he had had 2 prior marriages before he married my 7th great grand mother Anna Maria Garcia and after her he married once more. He listed all the wives and their previous marriages and all the children that he had. Not to mention all the other details mentioned in his will were extraordinary, from debts to what people owed him and even mentions of regular household items.
Ok, sorry for the ramblings but as you can see this book is a treasure specially if you happen to find your ancestors within the pages of this book.
Cover of book “Los Protocolos de la Villa de Nuestra Señora Santa Anna de Camargo 1762-1809:
How I found this book:
Honestly i do not remember what I was searching for but I found this book at Amazon.com. When I saw it and read the description I could not believe that I had not seen it before.
Get your own copy today:
I bought the eBook at Amzon.com for $3.99 and it is in the kindle format. You can use the following link to buy it now.
If you don’t like eBooks, Amazon also gives you the option to buy it on paperback for $17.96.
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017