I found an excellent resource that with no doubt will become one of your favorites for your genealogy research. Throughout my genealogical research I had been coming across ancestors that settled and lived in Camargo since it’s founding. One of such ancestors was my 7th great grandfather Bartolome Trevino whom I only knew had dies in Camargo back in September 27, 1788. I had no other information for him or his wife until I came across the book written by Víctor M. Sáenz Ramírez titled “Los Protocolos de la Villa de Nuestra Señora Santa Anna de Camargo 1762-1809”.
This book is basically a transcription of the documents available at the archives of Camargo from 1762 to 1809. It contains sales of slaves, land, and testamentos (wills) among other documents. There is were I came across the 1788 testamento (will) for Bartolome Trevino. I discovered that he had had 2 prior marriages before he married my 7th great grand mother Anna Maria Garcia and after her he married once more. He listed all the wives and their previous marriages and all the children that he had. Not to mention all the other details mentioned in his will were extraordinary, from debts to what people owed him and even mentions of regular household items.
Ok, sorry for the ramblings but as you can see this book is a treasure specially if you happen to find your ancestors within the pages of this book.
Cover of book “Los Protocolos de la Villa de Nuestra Señora Santa Anna de Camargo 1762-1809:
How I found this book:
Honestly i do not remember what I was searching for but I found this book at Amazon.com. When I saw it and read the description I could not believe that I had not seen it before.
Get your own copy today:
I bought the eBook at Amzon.com for $3.99 and it is in the kindle format. You can use the following link to buy it now.
If you don’t like eBooks, Amazon also gives you the option to buy it on paperback for $17.96.
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017