The Mexican Genealogical eBook Slaves of Monterrey Nuevo Leon Mexico is, as it’s cover describes it, a compilation of Hundreds of Notary Documents Translated by: Dahlia Rose Guajardo, Dhlia Palacios, Eusebio Benavidez, Tony Vincent Garcia and Crispin Rendon.
It is a sad thing that Spaniards had slaves but what is even sadder to me is to see my own ancestors buying and selling slaves as if they were property. You might also find your ancestor as being one of the slaves. The majority of the slaves were either Black or Mulattos.
It is not mentioned in this book but one of my ancestors was a Morisco meaning that his parents were Mulatto and Indian. A Mulatto is the designation given to children of a Spaniard and black African. The earliest mention of him is In Ciudad Mier in the middle of the 1700’s and this eBook makes me wonder if he or his family were ever slaves.
Cover to eBook, Slaves of Monterrey Nuevo Leon:
This book does contain valuable genealogical information. Specially if you find your ancestors within the pages of this eBook.
Make sure to download your copy and add it to you collection of genealogy eBooks. If you make any interesting discoveries please let me know int he comments area of this blog.
You can download eBook here:
Buy Printed Book:
- Hardcopies are sold at $30.00 each http://www.losbexarenos.org/publications.htm
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017