Ciudad Mier Hisotria y Cultura is a small book, only 23 pages and written in Spanish, about Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico. It was published back in March of 1986 and was sponsored by the municipal government of 1984 to 1986.
Even though this is a very small book it contains many great clues as to where to locate documents about our ancestors that where from this area. One of these important clues is that this book claims that Ciudad Mier holds 90% of it’s archives and also holds to this date the document founding Mier. A document where at least 14 of my ancestors are mentioned.
Cover of Ciudad Mier Historia y Cultura:
I highly recommend that you check this book out. The only place that I have been able to find a copy is at the University of Texas Pan American in Edinburg, Texas.
You can check it’s availability here: http://lib3.utpa.edu/search~S5/?searchtype=X&searcharg=Ciudad+Mier+Historia+y+Cultura&submit=Search
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017