Ciudad Mier Hisotria y Cultura is a small book, only 23 pages and written in Spanish, about Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico. It was published back in March of 1986 and was sponsored by the municipal government of 1984 to 1986.
Even though this is a very small book it contains many great clues as to where to locate documents about our ancestors that where from this area. One of these important clues is that this book claims that Ciudad Mier holds 90% of it’s archives and also holds to this date the document founding Mier. A document where at least 14 of my ancestors are mentioned.
Cover of Ciudad Mier Historia y Cultura:
I highly recommend that you check this book out. The only place that I have been able to find a copy is at the University of Texas Pan American in Edinburg, Texas.
You can check it’s availability here: http://lib3.utpa.edu/search~S5/?searchtype=X&searcharg=Ciudad+Mier+Historia+y+Cultura&submit=Search
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017