I received the following email from Crispin Rendon yesterday.
This email is going out to the 459 people found in my genealogy address book (stakeholders).
Stakeholder 2012 Genealogy Year End Report,
The database has grown to over 271,000 records, up 33,000 records from the year 2011. Over 600 records, on average, were added weekly. Some of these records came from the research required to complete the sixteen volume series on the Families of General Teran, Nuevo Leon. That series blossomed into an attempt to create genealogies for every one of the thousands of couples that were married in the General Teran Catholic Church for a period of over 100 years. The research for the published three volume Families of Santiago, Nuevo Leon series and the research for the yet to be published nine volume series Families of Salinas Victoria, Nuevo Leon account for the bulk of the records added. Additional database records came from family trees submitted in return for ancestor reports. Those reports ranged in size from a three page 4-generation report to a 543 page 48-generation book. The number of ancestor reports rose from 59 in 2011 to 80 in 2012. Some ancestor books were converted from English into Spanish. One ancestor book was created for my Kindle reader. Not quantified, yet very important, are the countless corrections to the records some of which extended lines, others shortened lines and still others re-routed them. The introduction of my Top 20 mtDNA list was a huge success. Expect a similar list for y-DNA sometime in 2013.
I am thinking of converting the Slaves of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico book, which is in a pdf format, into a Kindle reader format and am interested in learning if there is any interest for it. If you read books with an electronic device other then a computer let me know what you think.
Thank you all for your support.
If interested you can download all of Crispin’s books on one of my previous posts DNA and Genealogical Books-Reports. Can’t wait for him to publish Families of Salinas Victoria, Nuevo Leon. Keep up the excellent work Mr. Rendon!
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017