Land Grant of Francisco Angel de la Garza:
Transcription of above image:
14. – A la misma linea hecharon otros treinta y cinco cordeles que hacen mil setecientas cincuenta varas mexicanas, con tantas a la cabezada opuesta, y diez y siete mil de largo, completa porcion, demarcandose en el Paso de la Laja, pidola Francisco de la Garza tambien vecino de Camargo por tener alli sus bienes, y se le deja como a los de arriba.
14. – On the same line they threw thirty five strings which make one thousand seven hundred and fifty Mexican varas, with the same on opposite side, and seventeen thousand long, completes porcion, marked in the Pass of the Alaja, asked by Francisco Garza also neighbor of Camargo for having his property there, and is left as those above.
This few lines in this document granted to my 6th great grandfather Francisco Angel de la Garza a piece of land .91 miles by 8.85 miles long, along the San Juan River in present day Arcabuz, Tamaulipas, Mexico. This document also states that he was from Camargo and that he had property on the land he petitioned for. So it can safely be assumed that he was already living at this location before 1767.
Francisco got married in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico back in December 16, 1757 to Maria Cayetana Pena.
Copyright © Moises Garza. All rights reserved. Article may be reused for any purpose, and it is encouraged, as long as it is non-commercial use and it includes this notice. An effort has been made to use materials that provide credit to author or rights holder. If you find anything that should not be listed in this article contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017