Land Grant of Francisco Angel de la Garza:
Transcription of above image:
14. – A la misma linea hecharon otros treinta y cinco cordeles que hacen mil setecientas cincuenta varas mexicanas, con tantas a la cabezada opuesta, y diez y siete mil de largo, completa porcion, demarcandose en el Paso de la Laja, pidola Francisco de la Garza tambien vecino de Camargo por tener alli sus bienes, y se le deja como a los de arriba.
14. – On the same line they threw thirty five strings which make one thousand seven hundred and fifty Mexican varas, with the same on opposite side, and seventeen thousand long, completes porcion, marked in the Pass of the Alaja, asked by Francisco Garza also neighbor of Camargo for having his property there, and is left as those above.
This few lines in this document granted to my 6th great grandfather Francisco Angel de la Garza a piece of land .91 miles by 8.85 miles long, along the San Juan River in present day Arcabuz, Tamaulipas, Mexico. This document also states that he was from Camargo and that he had property on the land he petitioned for. So it can safely be assumed that he was already living at this location before 1767.
Francisco got married in Camargo, Tamaulipas, Mexico back in December 16, 1757 to Maria Cayetana Pena.
Copyright © Moises Garza. All rights reserved. Article may be reused for any purpose, and it is encouraged, as long as it is non-commercial use and it includes this notice. An effort has been made to use materials that provide credit to author or rights holder. If you find anything that should not be listed in this article contact me at email@example.com
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017