The following video was recorded by Jimmy Martinez and listed its description as “Lost Cemetery 4 miles East of La Grulla”. I thought to myself maybe I can find its name by doing some Genealogy research? After a few minutes I found it, Artecitas Ranch Cemetery, since it is now located in what used to be called Artecitas Ranch located in Starr County Texas.
I did a quick search with the name and dates on the first tombstone belonging to Alberto Ortiz. I found Albertos Death Certificate wich indicates that he was born I found the following in the United States Census, 1900. Felipe Ortiz is the head of household and listed Anita (Garcia) as the wife with the following children listed; Josefa Ortiz, Inocencio Ortiz, Alberto Ortiz, Franquilina Ortiz, Nicomedes Ortiz, and Petra Ortiz. I have found living descendants in Sullivan City, Texas which is only three miles North of the cemetery. The reason for the family abandoning the cemetery, I do not know. What I do know is that Artecitas Ranch is no longer theirs.
Video from Jimmy Martinez You Tube page.
Other Mentions of Artecitas Ranch
Garcia, Esteban – May have been related to Anita Garcia.
If anyone has any more information about this ranch or its cemetery please leave me a comment or contact me.
Part of Map Showing Artecitas Ranch in 1935 Starr County Map
See Original Map at The Portal To Texas History
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017