This post is about the school my father and all his siblings attended when they were younger during the 1940’s and 1950’s. It is located in what is called Rancho Los Guajillos (Guajillos is a small chilly pepper, but I do not know if it is from there that this place gets its name). The land called Los Guajillos covers about 10 Square miles or more in the Municipality of Miguel Aleman Tamaulipas Mexico. There are about 50 ranches in this area. The school in itself is about four to five miles away from El Ebanito (Ebony) Ranch were my father and his siblings were raised.
The official name of the school can be seen in the picture “ESCUELA RURAL FEDERAL FAJA DE ORO RANCHO LOS GUAJILLOS“. Now days it is abandoned due to not having enough kids to attend it, and has fallen badly in disrepair. The school is much bigger and I failed to picture the rest of it. It includes a small house to its left where the professor would reside, and in between the school and the house there is a cistern where the rain fall would be collected and it served as water for both the professor and the students.
|The front of the school. Photo from the personal photos
of Moises Garza.
|Stage on the back of the school. Photo from the personal
photos of Moises Garza.
|Better close up of eagle on stage. Photo from the personal
photos of Moises Garza.
|Source: “Escuela Faja De Oro” 26°13’34.22″ N 99°09’32.44″ W
elev 341 ft. Google Earth. October 18, 2007. October 9, 2011.
The small triangle in the above picture is the property belonging to the school and the bigger piece that you can see used to belong to my grandfather Eulalio Garza Lopez, he used to call it “La Labor de Altamira” (The Field of Altamira). My uncle Adolfo Garza inherited it but in a short few years sold it to Javier Ramirez whose ranch is next to this property.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017