This post is about the school my father and all his siblings attended when they were younger during the 1940’s and 1950’s. It is located in what is called Rancho Los Guajillos (Guajillos is a small chilly pepper, but I do not know if it is from there that this place gets its name). The land called Los Guajillos covers about 10 Square miles or more in the Municipality of Miguel Aleman Tamaulipas Mexico. There are about 50 ranches in this area. The school in itself is about four to five miles away from El Ebanito (Ebony) Ranch were my father and his siblings were raised.
The official name of the school can be seen in the picture “ESCUELA RURAL FEDERAL FAJA DE ORO RANCHO LOS GUAJILLOS“. Now days it is abandoned due to not having enough kids to attend it, and has fallen badly in disrepair. The school is much bigger and I failed to picture the rest of it. It includes a small house to its left where the professor would reside, and in between the school and the house there is a cistern where the rain fall would be collected and it served as water for both the professor and the students.
|The front of the school. Photo from the personal photos
of Moises Garza.
|Stage on the back of the school. Photo from the personal
photos of Moises Garza.
|Better close up of eagle on stage. Photo from the personal
photos of Moises Garza.
|Source: “Escuela Faja De Oro” 26°13’34.22″ N 99°09’32.44″ W
elev 341 ft. Google Earth. October 18, 2007. October 9, 2011.
The small triangle in the above picture is the property belonging to the school and the bigger piece that you can see used to belong to my grandfather Eulalio Garza Lopez, he used to call it “La Labor de Altamira” (The Field of Altamira). My uncle Adolfo Garza inherited it but in a short few years sold it to Javier Ramirez whose ranch is next to this property.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017