Years ago while driving by on our way to Rancho El Ebanito (the family ranch in Los Guajillos, Miguel Aleman, Tamaulipas, Mexico) I saw tombstones from the road.
I asked my father Lauro Garza about them and he stated that that was the cemetery of Los Zamora’s and my mother San Juana Tanguma stated that my grandfather’s father Yldefonso Zamora was buried there as well as his parents. This might explain why I have not been able to locate their burial place since this might just be it.
This happened in the 1990’s and by around 2006 the land around the cemetery was sold the monte was cut down and the tombstones could no longer be seen, it can just be assumed that they were also destroyed but if that is the case this is still the location were the cemetery should be located at.
Source: “Zamora’s Cemetery” 26°14’16.14″ N 99°08’03.60″ W. Google Earth. September 30, 2010. May 23, 2011.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017