Have you found ancestors from Galeana, Nuevo Leon, Mexico? If you have I have great news for you. This past Wednesday Crispin Rendon released his eBook “Families of El Potosi, Galeana, Nuevo Leon, Mexico”. Bellow you will find a partial image of the eBook cover and also the email that I received including the link as to where to download his eBook. But before I do all that let me provide you with important information regarding this eBook.
Crispin mentions the following in his eBook:
El Potosi is part of Galeana, Nuevo Leon. This book contains marriage information from all 458 marriage records found on film 728089 (matrimonios 1786-1819). The time period spans from September 1786 to January 1819 on images 7-97. Basic information from the marriage records is presented along with other information gathered in an attempt to present two generation descendant reports. Most of non-marriage record information presented was gathered using the FamilySearch.org database index.
This book has my interpretation of the records, not what I see in the records but how I interpret them. Some records are bewildering. Take the case of Rafael Crisanto Gallegos who the record states was married on November 31. I know he was not married on the thirty-first because November only has 30 days. Labeling people by race was a common practice in the Mexican colonial period church records. Numberous times an individual’s race is different from record to record. Surname and given name spelling used in this book may be is very different from the original records. Check the online images to form your own interpretations.
Partial image of eBook Cover:
Email from Crispin Rendon:
I have posted online “Families of El Potosi, Galeana, Nuevo Leon, Mexico”
Please download a copy and save it on your computer. If you get an error page it means that the server’s bandwidth was maxed out and you will have to wait till next month to be able to download this eBook. I want to make you aware of it due to the constant emails that I get asking me for a working address to the many books that Crispin has published.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017