On May the 1st I received an email from Amparo Montes with the Nuevo Santander Genealogical Conference letting me know more information about their May meeting. Attached to her email was a flyer containing more information on the upcoming 36th Annual Texas State Hispanic Genealogical and Historical Conference that will be hosted by the Villa de San Agustin de Laredo Genealogical Society.
Hotel and Room Rates
The conference will be at La Posada Hotel located at 1000 Zaragoza St., in Laredo Texas and will be form October the eight through the tenth. The rooms are $99.00 each and can fit 1 to 4 people and breakfast is included. I called to make my reservation but the receptionist stated that she had not heard about the conference so I had to book the room at the regular price of $119.00 per night. I was advised to call back on Monday to speak to Mara Maldonado for the special rate.
The fee to register is $75.00 per person if made before September the 1st and afterwards it will be $85.00. I have yet to send in my registration form.
Thursday: 7PM- 9PM Cine Mejicano
Friday: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM- Las Villas del Norte Tour- Roma, Zapata, San Ygnacio (Includes bus, museum entrance fee, lunch, and the Genealogical Walking Laredo Tour) (DEADLINE September 1, 2015; Limited space.) Comfortable clothing, short walks) This has an additional cost of $45.00 per person.
Friday: 7:00 PM- 9:30 PM-Taste of Laredo Opening Ceremony. This has an additional cost of $25.00 per person.
Saturday: 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM-Banquet- La Posada Hotel . This has an additional $45.00 per person.
As you can see this is very confusing. Since it does not mention what is going to happen on Thursday all day before the Cine Mejicano nor on Saturday before the banquet. I am assuming that those two days will be for speakers but I am not sure.
Speakers Will Be
- Dr. Stanley Green
- Dr. Jerry Thompson
- Dr. Carlos Cuellar
- Fernando Piñon, Journalist
- Armando Hinojosa, Tejano Sculptor
- Dr. Hildegardo Flores
- Dr. Carolina Castillo Crimm
- Dr. Beatriz De La Garza
- Ms. Meg Guerra, Journalist
- Austin Catholic Archives
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- José Antonio Lopez
- Lic. Albino Salinas Arreola
- Ms. Victoria Uribe
- Guillermo Garmendia Leal, Historian/Genealogist
- Luis Gonzalez, Educator
Get the Flyer
I converted the flyer into PDF for your convenience and you can get a copy of it here: https://app.box.com/s/6rxb83h4nfhf705pfnbhzl4glgqes1r4
Are You Going?
If you are let me know. Maybe we can meet for some drinks with other readers of We Are Cousins.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1692 Marriage of Joseph Villarreal and Maria Oropeza in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 23, 2018
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume 2 - January 18, 2018
- 1673 Baptism of Rodrigo Martinez in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 16, 2018
- Y-DNA Descendants of Capitan Vicente Saldivar - January 11, 2018
- 1776 Death Record of Maria Gertrudis Barrera in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - January 9, 2018
- Kindred Group 2017 Genealogy Year End Report - January 4, 2018
- 1735 Marriage of Joseph Antonio Marroquin and Juana Ynez de Ynojosa in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - January 2, 2018
- 1767 Baptism of Anselmo Perez in Santiago, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 26, 2017
- 1795 Death Record of Jose Gaspar Garcia in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 19, 2017
- Families of Sabinas Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume One - December 14, 2017