Los Martinez de Revilla (Ciudad Guerrero) 1752 – 1900 First Edition is another great book to help you out in your genealogy research, specially if you are researching your Martinez ancestors form this area. It is a book that was written by Jose Felipe de La Pena back in 1995 and contains all the Martinez that can be found in the church records in Revilla (Ciudad Guerrero) from 1752 to 1900.
This book is excellent and contains great vital information pertaining to marriages, baptisms, and death dates. I found it interesting that he mentioned that my 7th great grandparents Miguel Martinez de la Garza and Clara Trevino y Renteria were the progenitors of this last name in the Revilla area.
Here is the exact extract:
The progenitots of our early Martinez families who helped colonize Revilla were
Miguel Martinez and Clara de Trevifio y Renteria. Miguel and Clara originally lived
in Valle del Carrisal in the Mexican state of Nuevo Leon. They were married in
Monterrey, November 23, 1707.
Miguel’s parents were Jose Ignacio Martinez Flores and Inez de la Garza Rocha.
They, too, married in Monterrey in 1673. Clara’s parents were Captain Nicolas de
Trevifio and Maria de Sepulveda. Nicolas and Maria were related, and because of
their close fa111ily relationship, their marriage in Monterrey, August 22, 1707,
required special dispensation from the Catholic church.
Black and White Image of Book Cover:
Where to find this book:
As I always do, I first recommend WorldCat since it will help you find a library near you that may have the book available for you to read.
If you would like to buy this book it is available through borderlandsbooks.com just search for it by typing the book name.
More from WeAreCousins
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017