Los Martinez de Revilla (Ciudad Guerrero) 1752 – 1900 First Edition is another great book to help you out in your genealogy research, specially if you are researching your Martinez ancestors form this area. It is a book that was written by Jose Felipe de La Pena back in 1995 and contains all the Martinez that can be found in the church records in Revilla (Ciudad Guerrero) from 1752 to 1900.
This book is excellent and contains great vital information pertaining to marriages, baptisms, and death dates. I found it interesting that he mentioned that my 7th great grandparents Miguel Martinez de la Garza and Clara Trevino y Renteria were the progenitors of this last name in the Revilla area.
Here is the exact extract:
The progenitots of our early Martinez families who helped colonize Revilla were
Miguel Martinez and Clara de Trevifio y Renteria. Miguel and Clara originally lived
in Valle del Carrisal in the Mexican state of Nuevo Leon. They were married in
Monterrey, November 23, 1707.
Miguel’s parents were Jose Ignacio Martinez Flores and Inez de la Garza Rocha.
They, too, married in Monterrey in 1673. Clara’s parents were Captain Nicolas de
Trevifio and Maria de Sepulveda. Nicolas and Maria were related, and because of
their close fa111ily relationship, their marriage in Monterrey, August 22, 1707,
required special dispensation from the Catholic church.
Black and White Image of Book Cover:
Where to find this book:
As I always do, I first recommend WorldCat since it will help you find a library near you that may have the book available for you to read.
If you would like to buy this book it is available through borderlandsbooks.com just search for it by typing the book name.
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017