I am currently reading the book by Karen Gerhardt and Rod Santa Ana III titled “Images of America, Hidalgo County Texas”. I want to thank my friend Juan Lino Garza for lending it to me. If your family has deep or recent rots to Hidalgo County I highly recomend this little 128 page book. It contains information form the early colonial period up until the 1920’s and 30’s. Not to mentioned that it is mostly all pictures.
This book is comprised mostly of old photos of Hidalgo county and it’s people. The pictures provide an excellent window to this county’s historical past and development. I highly suggest it. It contains a whole chapter dedicated to Mexican American Families.
Cover of Book “Images of America Hidalgo County Texas”:
Where to Find this Book:
You can try Worldcat.org to find a local library near you that has a copy.
You can also buy it at Amazon.com and here is the link. Buy Now At Amazon
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017