As I was doing some genealogy research I came across a citation for “General state of the foundation of the colony of Nuevo Santander / translated by Edna G. Brown”. I searched Google to get an idea of where I could locate the book and soon came across the website of Gerard Mittelstaedt called South Texas Boat. On his website you can find a digital version of the translation work done by Edna Garza Brown.
I placed all the links in an easy to read format and for your convenience here they are.
GENERAL STATE OF THE SETTLEMENTS MADE BY
D. JOSE de ESCANDON
IN THE COLONY OF NUEVO SANTANDER COAST OF THE GULF OF MEXICO
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017