I know that some of you may are researching the Mexican state of Coahuila. I for example have many ancestors that where from Coahuila. This map is dated 1885 and might be useful to see what towns used to be around your ancestors home town. Sometimes this will provide you with additional clues as to where to continue your research. If you click on the image you will be taken to a high quality image of the map. The detail is great.
Small image of original map:
I hope that you find it useful in your research. Let me know what you think about it.
Source: Garcia Cubas, Antonio. Coahuila., Map, 1885; digital images, (http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth231858/ : accessed September 16, 2013), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, http://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting University of Texas at Arlington Library, Arlington, Texas.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017