I found the following map at the Texas History Portal. It is an 1884 map of the Mexican State of Tamaulipas, Mexico. Maps have come to play an integral part in my genealogy research and the following map is very interesting since it names the towns as they were named in many birth, baptism, marriage, and death record. It also provides me with more clues as to what towns used to be named what.
1884 Map of Tamaulipas, Mexico
To see the above map in full detail and be able to zoom in to a specific area you can do so here: http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth231860/m1/1/zoom/?q=tamaulipas
If you wish to do so you can also download the map to your computer but it will not be as detailed as the online one.
Tip: If you need a map of the current municipalities of Tamaulipas you can get one here: Map of Municipalities of Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Six - August 24, 2017
- 1806 Church Marriage of Jose Antonio Garcia and Maria Andrea Lopez - June 27, 2017
- Indios, Frailes y Encomenderos en el Nuevo Reino de Leon Siglos XVII y XVIII - June 22, 2017
- 1810 Marriage of Jose Rafael de La Garza and Maria Tomasa Sanchez - June 20, 2017