Dos Familias en la Conformacion Historica del Noreste Novo Hispano, Siglos XVII-XIX by Francisco Javier Rodriguez Gutierrez describes the strategies that some Northern Mexico families utilized to acquire, conserve, and consolidate their power and presence in the area from the beginning of the 17th century.
This book’s analysis centers around the Ramos de Arriola-Arizpe Fernández marriage union in 1753 which permitted the consolidation of haciendas, support of careers, and construction of buildings.
This book talks about more specifically the area between Saltillo and Monterrey which later extended to Nuevo Santander and Texas where the families expanded. This book also contains many images and an index of the names mentioned in the book. Some of my ancestors are mentioned there.
I am very Thankful to Dr. Pastrana for giving me this book as a gift.
Where Can You Obtain A Copy?
You can buy a copy of this book at Border Lands Books http://www.borderlandsbooks.com. It will cost you $30.00 plus shipping. It is item #726.
More from WeAreCousins
- 1685 Marriage of Francisco de la Garza and Gertrudis Ochoa Elejalde In Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico - December 12, 2017
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017